Home » LucasArts Forums » Discussion » Discussion

Thread: Star Wars Battlefront III Speculation [TDE]

Permlink Replies: 12,238 - Pages: 612 [ Previous | 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 612 | Next ] - Last Post: Dec 17, 2013 9:54 AM Last Post By: vadersdemise Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
vadersdmise_93

Re: Star Wars Battlefront III Speculation [TDE]
Posted: Jun 4, 2012 6:04 PM   in response to: jeffman1 in response to: jeffman1
    Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this post Reply
Watch the livestream here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzYIFEjuEc4&feature=r elmfu&newstate=807353ebdb270417713492648bbe8bec

"Do or do not, there is no try."
- My Jedi Master, Yoda

"Look, I have your fodder!"
-Revan to Komad Fortuna
jeffman1

Posted: Jun 4, 2012 5:57 PM   in response to: vadersdmise_93 in response to: vadersdmise_93
Found this mtv post that confirms the new starwars game is a bounty hunter game as confirmed by people on this forum. At least we dont have to put up with kinect starwars or force unleashed again (first one was not that bad except for some problems with controller which I found keep me from getting some holocrons). Everyone I have an idea everyone if we buy this game lucasarts will see it as a sign to keep doing first person shooters and stop the other badly profittable games. Although first force unleashed was not that bad except for controls at times became horrible.
http:/ /multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2012/06/04/e3-2012-star-wars-1313/

Please everyone who loved battlefront games buy this game to influence lucasarts toward making some fps games again and stop with the weird games that did not even have decent controller movements (excluding force unleashed because I noticed some updates helped to solve them eventually). I really did not like starwars kinect game after watching the e3 guy do horrible on kinect controller and the after reviews were horrible because of controller game play being horrible still.
vadersdmise_93

Posted: Jun 4, 2012 11:06 AM   in response to: sithmike45 in response to: sithmike45
Well the Star Wars: 1313 will be shown today at 10:00PM EST.

- My Jedi Master, Yoda

-Revan to Komad Fortuna
sithmike45

Posted: Jun 4, 2012 9:26 AM   in response to: MadMonkey2000 in response to: MadMonkey2000
Im looking forward to see if prey 2 or star wars 1313 has a law case for plagarism.
MadMonkey2000

Posted: Jun 2, 2012 11:17 AM   in response to: vadersdmise_93 in response to: vadersdmise_93
Nothing like Battlefront either
vadersdmise_93

Posted: Jun 2, 2012 8:38 AM   in response to: sithmike45 in response to: sithmike45
sithmike45 wrote:
This is going to be exactly like the force unleashed isn't it?
Complete focus on visuals and marketing over that of the product itself.
What happened to unique game play experience, I hope that this game is open world or has
something more than a few button masher levels and a cheap copy of a generic multiplayer.

From the short animation/gameplay I saw this is nothing like Force Unleashed.

- My Jedi Master, Yoda

-Revan to Komad Fortuna
KnighT-972

Posted: Jun 2, 2012 6:46 AM   in response to: sithmike45 in response to: sithmike45
I think so too, ive no great expectations about this game. But who knows, could be very good (and mature rating on star wars game ? haven't seen this for awhile now lol). Wait-N-See.
sithmike45

Posted: Jun 2, 2012 12:02 AM   in response to: vadersdmise_93 in response to: vadersdmise_93
This is going to be exactly like the force unleashed isn't it?
Complete focus on visuals and marketing over that of the product itself.
What happened to unique game play experience, I hope that this game is open world or has
something more than a few button masher levels and a cheap copy of a generic multiplayer.
vadersdmise_93

Posted: Jun 1, 2012 10:58 AM   in response to: sacoach in response to: sacoach
http://kotak u.com/5914788/new-star-wars-game-is-called-1313

You can see some concept art now. I gotta say looks somewhat interesting, though I still rather see BF3.

- My Jedi Master, Yoda

-Revan to Komad Fortuna
sacoach

Posted: Jun 1, 2012 6:59 AM   in response to: metallicorphan76 in response to: metallicorphan76
I host Battlefront II for XBOX every Friday night. I have DLC, but don't load it because so many people don't have it any longer.

Thanks for ignoring us again LA. Always appreciate you saving me money year in and year out.
Redline 2

Posted: Jun 1, 2012 5:51 AM   in response to: sithmike45 in response to: sithmike45
The new game 1313 won't see my money. :P Not interested.

http://www.youtube.com /user/TheSWBF3?feature=mhee

sithmike45

Posted: Jun 1, 2012 5:17 AM   in response to: metallicorphan76 in response to: metallicorphan76
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/06/01/e3-2012-star-wars-1313-officiall y-announced
If this is another 3 hour long linear shooter then lucasarts can go bankrupt for all I care,
they don't listen to their fans, they've released a series of shoddy shallow games which may have
been easy to make in terms of technology and cost but are in all sense of the word mediocre and
this star wars 1313 will fail compare to halo 4 or dust 5154 if it doesn't deliver a unique experience instead of the standard shooter with a storm trooper lining.
metallicorphan76

Posted: Jun 1, 2012 1:45 AM   in response to: das337 in response to: das337
Jefffman-i tried using XboxConnect but couldn't get it working

So,this game will be based on when Boba Fett went undercover then?
das337

Posted: Jun 1, 2012 1:14 AM   in response to: a98d1a2e12c4a60... in response to: a98d1a2e12c4a60...
Well, a bounty hunter game in the Coruscant sub-levels actually sounds more interesting than a generic Boba Fett game. I am not entirely disappointed.
MadMonkey2000

Posted: May 31, 2012 10:59 PM   in response to: 721e31a5459ec6f... in response to: 721e31a5459ec6f...
Sounds cool to me
721e31a5459ec6f...

Posted: May 31, 2012 10:09 PM   in response to: vadersdmise_93 in response to: vadersdmise_93
It's what everyone (that doesn't complain about LucasArts making Kinect and Dancing games, even though they only made one that wasn't even developed by them) expected.

Star Wars 1313. 3rd person, over the shoulder view, bounty hunter game. Gameplay footage on Monday.

The Jedi Code:
There is no emotion, there is peace. There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. There is no passion, there is serenity. There is no chaos, there is harmony. There is no death, there is the Force.
vadersdmise_93

Posted: May 31, 2012 7:11 PM   in response to: das337 in response to: das337
I'm not sure what to think of this anymore:
http://kotaku.com/5914763/looks-like-the-next-big-star-wars-game-stars- boba-fett

But it looks like the next game could be a Boba Fett game.

- My Jedi Master, Yoda

-Revan to Komad Fortuna
das337

Posted: May 31, 2012 4:09 PM   in response to: a98d1a2e12c4a60... in response to: a98d1a2e12c4a60...
My hopes lie along with what jeffman said, that it is a renamed revamp of an older series. However, unfortunately I don't think it will be Battlefront, as the Battlefront name is still fresh in peoples' memories and still carries weight. I do not think they will abandon it this soon.

I am hoping for a reboot or spiritual successor to the Republic Commando, Jedi Knight, Empire at War, or X-wing/Tie Fighter games. I doubt my wishes will be granted though, based on Lucasarts current track record. Of course, I still have a distant hope that this could be another Battlefront game, which would be far better than any of my other desires.
jeffman1

Posted: May 31, 2012 2:29 PM   in response to: jeffman1 in response to: jeffman1
metallicorphen76 i think we need a clan setup using xbconnect and xbox 360 anyone in? Im tired of being bs around. Does someone know a computer version at all either (mostly talking about good mods that make game play interesting not used as cheats like flame throwers etc)? Maybe i can play against my brother on lan or use xbconnect.
Any interested post setup on xbconnect and i will attempt to try a match. Emails here:

If anyone has a better program besides xbconnect please share and I can try setting up clan and/or average battles with it.

Found this from spike somethings coming to e3 and its airing next weekend i will post video feed if i can:

http://www.spike.com/articles/8hy69o/gttv-spike-tv s-e3-all-access-live-to-debut-new-star-wars-project

Edited by: jeffman1 on May 31, 2012 5:29 PM

Edited by: jeffman1 on May 31, 2012 5:38 PM

Edited by: jeffman1 on May 31, 2012 5:44 PM
jeffman1

Posted: May 31, 2012 2:24 PM   in response to: metallicorphan76 in response to: metallicorphan76
No enthusiaism the force is weak with you indeed! If you were smart maybe they dropped using battlefront name and are going towards calling it starwars battlegrounds for xbox,ps3, and pc or something else instead? Maybe since its a total new creature they decided new name so they can legally give new ip for it - nothing changed.
Its happened before so companies can keep fans interested.
Cough cod and halo

Edited by: jeffman1 on May 31, 2012 5:24 PM
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums