Home » LucasArts Forums » Support » PC

Thread: KOTAR texture use policy

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: Aug 28, 2011 12:27 PM Last Post By: Jaybroni Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Jaybroni

Re: KOTAR texture use policy
Posted: Aug 28, 2011 12:27 PM   in response to: Lea Nikkaya in response to: Lea Nikkaya
    Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this post Reply
Yeah, whether it's actually legal or not is anybody's guess. But I seriously doubt LA is going to throw up any roadblocks for releasing one of their textures in a free mod.

Plus I kind of want to see it for myself... ;)
Lea Nikkaya

Posted: Aug 18, 2011 12:12 PM   in response to: Char Ell in response to: Char Ell
I've not heard of Lucasarts ever making any complaints in regards to free mods for other games made with their textures.

BF1942 has First Strike, which has a lot of the textures from SW games, and the makers never had copyright issues.
Char Ell

Posted: Aug 17, 2011 9:14 PM   in response to: Anubis_Grim in response to: Anubis_Grim
Sorry but there is nobody here who can authorize you to use an asset from any of the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic games in another game. LucasArts issued a press release back in 2002 that more or less supported game modifications of LucasArts games. However porting what are essentially copyrighted works from a LucasArts-published game to a non-LucasArts published game probably isn't going to fly, even if it's released free of charge and not-for-profit.

The only contact information I can provide is the general post office box for LucasArts posted on their contact page.
Anubis_Grim

KOTAR texture use policy
Posted: Aug 17, 2011 4:27 PM
Not sure where to post this (or what address I should mail and etc.) but I am a Owner of both KOTAR games and also the game Fallout New Vegas, I am on the New Vegas Mod forums alot and I saw a few request for Darth Revan's mask/armor, I made the mask but I can't make a (or find a re-made) version of the mask that looks very good, I just need to know who I need to message to (or if any one knows if I legally can) use the texture that's actually FROM the game (witch I have already done, I just can't legally release it without permission) and release it in a non-profit mod for New Vegas.

So any help would be appreciated.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums