Home » LucasArts Forums » Support » PC

Thread: Game very slow/glitchy

Permlink Replies: 11 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: Jul 30, 2010 6:57 AM Last Post By: Char Ell Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Char Ell

Re: Game very slow/glitchy
Posted: Jul 30, 2010 6:57 AM   in response to: 2f4f1dfb83b0ec7... in response to: 2f4f1dfb83b0ec7...
    Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this post Reply
Sorry but I don't have any experience with AMD processors or graphics cards. I will say that I experienced choppy framerates, a.k.a. lag, on Dantooine in the fields around Khoonda using an Intel Pentium 4 processor and an NVIDIA 9800 GTX+ graphics card.

You might want to review the following threads to see if the information they provide might be useful

http://www.lucasforum s.com/showthread.php?t=144109
http://www.lucasforum s.com/showthread.php?t=167523
2f4f1dfb83b0ec7...

Posted: Jul 30, 2010 2:27 AM   in response to: SyncMaster763 in response to: SyncMaster763
Anybody? if we're both having the same problem, can anybody think of anything that could help? please?
SyncMaster763

Posted: Jan 26, 2010 6:04 PM   in response to: 2f4f1dfb83b0ec7... in response to: 2f4f1dfb83b0ec7...
i have the same problem except it only seems to happen on dantooine around the khooda biulding and the fields around it. I changed around the graphics and still does the same thing. everywhere else it runs perfectly.
i'm runing
4GB RAM
500GB Hardrive
ATI Radeon3200 Graphics
Dual Core 1.20 GHz
windows 7 64
and its a laptop

Becuase of this i cnnot get into the khooda building or the crystal cave

2f4f1dfb83b0ec7...

Posted: Dec 31, 2009 10:00 AM   in response to: Jaybroni in response to: Jaybroni
I updated it to 1.0a, then to 1.0b, and it's marginally better, but the problem still stands. I get stuck in the run position, not able to go anywhere apart from turn round, and the other problems too. Even when using the .exe, it's still the same.
Does anybody know anything that could fix this? :(
Jaybroni

Posted: Dec 30, 2009 8:57 PM   in response to: 2f4f1dfb83b0ec7... in response to: 2f4f1dfb83b0ec7...
Well it appears to be a 32 bit capable single core processor, which shouldn't be causing any problems with the game.

The only other things I can think of are making sure the game is fully updated (the latest update is here: http://www.lucasarts .com/support/update/kotor2.html ). Also, you can try launching the game from the .exe file instead of using the launcher, though that fix is usually for issues where the game never starts up properly.

Other than that I don't know what could be causing the glitch.
2f4f1dfb83b0ec7...

Posted: Dec 30, 2009 7:24 AM   in response to: Jaybroni in response to: Jaybroni
Oh, okay.

Processor: x86 Family 15 Model 76 Stepping 2 AuthenticAMD~1999 Mhz
Jaybroni

Posted: Dec 29, 2009 8:34 PM   in response to: 2f4f1dfb83b0ec7... in response to: 2f4f1dfb83b0ec7...
The scan hardware program flags the video card because the game is so old that it was not designed to recognize the newer video cards and drivers.

To determine your processor, click the Start menu, click Run..., type "winmsd.exe" (without the quotes) and click OK. When the System Information box comes up, make sure System Summary is highlighted on the left, and browse through the pane on the right until you see Processor listed under the Item column. Under the Value column, it will give a description of the processor. Copy that description into your next reply.
2f4f1dfb83b0ec7...

Posted: Dec 29, 2009 12:43 PM   in response to: Jaybroni in response to: Jaybroni
Yeh the updated drivers are allowing me to play the game, but the problem still stands.

I'm not so sure it's dual core. It's an Acer 5050 laptop, but I haven't seen anywhere that it's dual core.

When I open the game as usual, but don't start it, and instead press configure, and then click scan hardware, it scans it, and everything passes with a green circle except the video-that has a yellow circle saying I don't meet the recommended video card specifications. Is that the problem? Is that what makes it lag so much? And is there any way I can fix that without having to buy and install another video card?
Jaybroni

Posted: Dec 28, 2009 1:28 PM   in response to: 2f4f1dfb83b0ec7... in response to: 2f4f1dfb83b0ec7...
Well first you could let me know if the updated drivers allowed you to play the game.

I'm assuming that your processor is a 64 bit dual core mobile processor (in a laptop)? You may try disabling one of the cores while you play the game, you may have success with that. For instructions, see here:
http://en.kioskea.net/faq/sujet-616-multicore-cpu-h ow-to-disable-a-core#procedure-when-using-windows

Also, your 64 bit windows may interfere with normal gameplay. Search the forums or google the dll file (I think its ms32.dll or something similar) which "patches" the game to work better under a 64 bit OS.

Good luck!
2f4f1dfb83b0ec7...

Posted: Dec 28, 2009 6:00 AM   in response to: Jaybroni in response to: Jaybroni
Okay, I'm updating those drivers as we speak.
System specs:
XP Professional Service Pack 3
AMD Turion 64
2 GHz
960 MB of RAM
140 Gb Hard drive
ATI Radeon Xpress 1100

If you need anything else, tell me
Jaybroni

Posted: Dec 27, 2009 5:29 PM   in response to: 2f4f1dfb83b0ec7... in response to: 2f4f1dfb83b0ec7...
First, I would try updating your graphics card drivers as well as sound card drivers. If you are running any programs in the background, close them. It would also help if you posted your system specs.
2f4f1dfb83b0ec7...

Game very slow/glitchy
Posted: Dec 27, 2009 10:27 AM
When I start the game, it's fine, but then the opening screen, with Sion, it's very slow. when I play the game, the cutscenes & videos are very slow, and when I try to walk around, nothing happens for a while, while I'm stuck in a position which looks like frozen in the middle of a run, kind of frozen on-the-move (if that makes sense). Then if I can move, it jumps ahead to however long I held the move forward button down for. It also doesn't let me open doors or click or anything really, just generally slow and glitchy. What can this be, and how can I fix it?
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums