Home » LucasArts Forums » Discussion » Discussion

Thread: Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings - Officially Announced! [TDE]

Permlink Replies: 93 - Pages: 5 [ 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ] - Last Post: Feb 23, 2011 6:06 PM Last Post By: DrJones1672 Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
DrJones1672

Re: Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings - Officially Announced! [TDE]
Posted: Feb 23, 2011 6:06 PM   in response to: JediMudkip in response to: JediMudkip
    Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this post Reply
Hey lucasarts question for you all at the lucasarts company. Will this INDIANA JONES NEXT GENERATION VIDEO GAME EVER BE MADE FOR THE PLAYSTATION 3 & XBOX 360 CONSOLES??????????????????????? YOU KNOW BEEN KEEPING US IN THE DARK SO TO SPEAK FOR 5 YEARS NOW. OH BY THE WAY LUCASARTS IT IS NOW 2011 23 OF FEBRUARY 5 YEARS LATER!!! AGAIN 5 YEARS LATER!!!!!!!!!! AND NOW WHERE IS THE OUR INDIANA JONES NEXT GENERATION VIDEO GAME FOR THE PLAYSTATION 3 AND XBOX360 GAME AT NOW NOT LEGO INDY WANT A AWESOME ACTION AND ADVENTURE INDIANA JONES ADULT VIDEO GAME THAT WILL BLOW OUR MINDS THAT WE CAN'T WAIT TO SEE AND PLAY ON OUR CONSOLES. ALL I CAN SAY WE ALL KNOW YOU GUYS SCREW UP THE AND MISSED THE THE DEAD LINE TO SHOW US THE INDIANA JONES VIDEO GAME FOR THE OPENING OF THE MOVIE INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL THAT CAME OUT ON MAY 22, 2008. OH WELL LETS ALL MAKE ALL NEW STORY AND ACTION AND ADVENTURE GAME BRING TO US BY REVEALING ALL NEW INDIANA JONES GAME THIS YEAR WITH THE OPENING OF 30th CELEBRATION OF INDIANA JONES AND LOST ARK CONVENTION IN EARLY OCTOBER OF 2011 IN CHICAGO,IL BETTER HURRY BE HERE FOR YOU KNOW IT.
ct421

Posted: Feb 3, 2011 9:09 PM   in response to: JediMudkip in response to: JediMudkip
a
Montana_Jones

Posted: Oct 2, 2010 7:35 PM   in response to: cliff18 in response to: cliff18
No. LicasArts would rather make another Star Wars game i.e. The Force Unleashed II compared to another 3D Indiana Jones game released for XBOX 360, Playstation 3 or PC. They're just not interested and honestly it pisses me off.
Eena1

Re: Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings - Finding Loo Sing?
Posted: Aug 9, 2010 2:28 PM   in response to: JediMudkip in response to: JediMudkip
I've tried to figure out how to open the door to find Loo Sing but there is a pop up that says I need help and go back. Go back where? Find who? Please help me. I want to continue on, but I'm STUCK here. Hopefully not forever!
cliff18

Posted: Sep 18, 2009 7:56 PM   in response to: The Tingler in response to: The Tingler
Ok so then to end this topic my question is to Lucasarts will this game ever be made available for Xbox360 and other platforms at a later time or do we need to go out and buy another console to have the experience of playing this game?

Cliff
The Tingler

Posted: May 22, 2009 10:22 AM   in response to: Doddie63 in response to: Doddie63
It has been discussed many times. 360/PS3 were the lead platforms for the game, being developed by LucasArts themselves (like The Force Unleashed), but development went very badly, the team got axed, the game wouldn't be ready for 2009, but as the Wii/PS2/PSP/DS versions were being done by other developers they weren't affected by corporate shenanigans.

It's a shame, and some massive mistakes were made by various people around LucasArts (which can't be denied - if no mistakes were made there'd be a 360/PS3 version), but I'm still looking forward to it.

As for backwards compatibility with the PS3 - if you're one of the lucky people who own a PS3 that plays PS2 games it'll work. If your PS3 generally doesn't play PS2 games, it won't!
Doddie63

Posted: May 22, 2009 9:59 AM   in response to: JediMudkip in response to: JediMudkip
will someone please explain why the PS3 is not a platform yet the PS2 is. Will the PS3 backward compatibility work? Everyone is asking why but there nobod is explaining by posting an answer. Not everyone can afford to own more than one machine. It doesn't make sense to exclude Xbox or PS3. Crazy
matt.lives.here

Posted: May 20, 2009 3:27 AM   in response to: padawnlearner in response to: padawnlearner
I agree with you I just wanted to know when it would come out for wii in australia
matt.lives.here

Posted: May 20, 2009 3:17 AM   in response to: JediMudkip in response to: JediMudkip
I just wanted to know when IJandtheSOKs will be available for wii in australia
indiana jones f...

Posted: May 13, 2009 10:55 AM   in response to: CallousB in response to: CallousB
hey i have a ps2 and a xbox360 i have luck but the its better on a xbox360 or ps3 if ther are questions tell it to my
CallousB

Posted: Feb 13, 2009 9:29 AM   in response to: pete puma7 in response to: pete puma7
"but really was a kick in the pants was that this game was originally going to be put on the next-gen consoles but they decided to swich"

They didn't switch. All games were supposed to be ready by late 08. The outsourced Wii/PS2/PSP/DS games were finished on time...while the in house PS3/360 games were plagued with problems and wouldn't be ready until at least 2010. They either delay everything and see no return for another couple of years..or release what's finished and get what they can.

It's a smart business move..even if it's annoying for those who want the PS3/360 games.

The obvious thing for LucasArts to do now would be to take the usable assets created for the 360/PS3 Staff of Kings and simply create a new adventure for release at a later date.
pete puma7

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 2:43 PM   in response to: XidZenTurres in response to: XidZenTurres
but really was a kick in the pants was that this game was originally going to be put on the next-gen consoles but they decided to swich which wasn't a smart move and euphoria was going to be the best part I bought The Force Unleashed and i loved it because of Euphoria it was cool throwing stormtroopers around and watching them freak out.
pete puma7

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 2:24 PM   in response to: indianajones2131 in response to: indianajones2131
hey instead of complaining why dont we boycott this game and they will see how much people want it on the xbox 360 and the ps3
JimAJorgensen

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 1:41 PM   in response to: JediMudkip in response to: JediMudkip
LucasArts: David Jaffe from God of War fame says he has some great ideas on how to take the indiana jones franchise and wants you to talk to him. He's serious!

+http://www.perpetualinsomniac .net/?p=12663

"You know David Jaffe for his work on God of War and Twisted Metal. But the outspoken Eat Sleep Play studio founder would love to add another franchise to his resume - Indiana Jones.
Speaking with our own Matt Leone about his experience directing God of War, Jaffe talked about Indy's influence on his own creative development, saying that he would love to work with Indiana Jones in the interactive medium. In fact, while there's nothing planned at the moment, he wouldn't mind if LucasArts gave him a call to talk about it.

"Do I think I will ever? I don't know. I have a great idea for how LucasArts could really take that property and do cool things with it, and if they're reading this, they should give us a call at Eat Sleep Play. We'd love to talk to them," he said."+
JastOrgan

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 6:46 AM   in response to: JediMudkip in response to: JediMudkip
JediMudkip, please tell your bosses or whoever is in charge of this stuff that Wii-owners don't want to have PS2- (or in this case, PSP-)visuals in their games anymore. Thank you very much.

It really bugged me in Force Unleashed already, but this is really disgraceful. The polygoncount on those screenshots remind me of good N64-games, only with massive (ugly) bloom added to it. No, thanks. I'm not buying crap like that anymore. Even a low-budget team like High Voltage Software shows with The Conduit what can be done with the Wii. And Lucasarts thinks it can get away with shoving crappy PSP-graphics up my ***? No, thanks. Twilight Princess, which was released in 2006 on a weaker plattform, looks way better.

pete puma7

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 2:15 PM   in response to: JediMudkip in response to: JediMudkip
Hey why is not coming out for ps3 and the xbox?
spazzys_man

Posted: Feb 9, 2009 5:00 PM   in response to: JediMudkip in response to: JediMudkip
I have been a fan of indy since the begining, and am very upset that Staff of Kings will not be released on the PS3 or 360, I was really hoping to purchase this title, but now it looks like that wont happen
JEDI_NIZAR

Posted: Feb 9, 2009 1:01 PM   in response to: padawnlearner in response to: padawnlearner
thank you @JediMudkip for this answer, I may not accept or understand it, but at least, you gave us a clear answer.
Here is mine, I'll never ever buy this game. the novel maybe. But I'll not spend a cent on a game, that has the worst graphic I've ever seen, even the old point & click games had better graphic than this one.
padawnlearner

Posted: Feb 8, 2009 12:10 PM   in response to: JediMudkip in response to: JediMudkip
LA just made the STUPIDEST decision I have ever seen. Not go Next-Gen(Cur-Gen now) Not to be mean or hating on the Wii but I can't really say I consider it Current-Gen, it is, but I don't consider it. PS3/360 versions would have been good i bet now they just screwed that up... Oh LA how far you've fallen
indianajones2131

Posted: Feb 8, 2009 11:52 AM   in response to: johncvent in response to: johncvent
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums