Home » LucasArts Forums » Other Discussion » Off-Topic Discussion

Thread: Randomness

Permlink Replies: 5,558 - Pages: 278 [ Previous | 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 278 | Next ] - Last Post: Jul 16, 2013 12:34 PM Last Post By: Lea Nikkaya Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Lea Nikkaya

Re: Randomness
Posted: Apr 8, 2012 7:01 AM   in response to: DarthStarkiller... in response to: DarthStarkiller...
    Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this post Reply
Spectacular display of utterly missing the point. Would stickfigures help? (Oh for god's sake, are you seriously going to go about throwing another tantrum?)

Ah. Yes we have something similar, although you have to be a paying member to report things. (It's the Netherlands, there's no such thing as 'for free' here...)

Why do people play games? To escape real life and its problems. So yes, people overreact when their escape method gets ruined and starts to resemble their own messed up life in which you don't have a choice.

They promised everyone a choice in endings, that their input would be used and that everyone got an ending based on their choices. People would happily accept a sad ending, it's not about that. It's about the fact that Bioware lied to us, gave us everything they said they wouldn't, and charged us 80 bucks for it. Can you see it now? Or should I perhaps put it in internet terms? They trolled everyone. Does that make more sense?

It's not about EA caring for missed income. It's about publicity. Now I know not everyone is well and up on business models and PR and the perils of bad publicity, but everyone should be able to at least understand that telling a charity fund which gathered 70.000 dollar in 5 days for children in hospitals where to stick it is going to make them look like heartless bastards. And that is even worse publicity than being 'the worst company in america'.

Well, people are idiots. It's just that simple. That they didn't read before clicking donate is their problem.
DarthStarkiller...

Posted: Apr 7, 2012 10:03 PM   in response to: Lea Nikkaya in response to: Lea Nikkaya
Oh for duck's sake not this again; How many times do I have to tell you, I have no problem with your opinions about Clone Wars, what I don't like was just calling stupid for my opinions. Which part of that sentence can't. you. u-n-d-e-r-s-t-a-n-d?

FTC mean Federal Trade commision. I think I'm gonna go there too to report about I didn't got suace with the hot dog I bough from a cafe`. :p

When I say "real world problems" I didn't just meant economics and political stuff. But also about problems about personal life. I can give you excamples but this post is too small to tell them all. Is anyone here only have problems with video games and life is perfect? Doubt it.

I DID look in to Child's play. If the money you saved to buy Mass Effect 3 went to a charity that would be a big problem to EA. But everyone ALREADY bought the game. Will EA actually care about people spend thier mony on a charity just to protest? And I'm very dissapointed people actually spend money to a charity just so that they can have an ending for a damm game. And believe me or not some people who misunderstood it as the money goes to CREATING a better ending actually asked for refunds. Refund; from a charity for childern.

You don't need to see his signature. He is not the guy you're looking for. He can go about his business. Move along.
Lea Nikkaya

Posted: Apr 7, 2012 7:43 AM   in response to: DarthStarkiller... in response to: DarthStarkiller...
That is a very hypocritical statement. Shall I remind you about how you went ballistic over my comments on The Clone Wars? The term 'idiotically' comes to mind.

I agree that some are truly overreacting. I've no idea what the FTC is and I don't really care, but the choice of the story of a game lies with the company. The problem is that they claim to have written the game with the fans. Fans wouldn't have chosen this. They're lying through their teeth. That has people so angry.

People react strongly to something they care about. "Real World Problems" are far too big for someone to grasp or change. You can't change being thrown out of your house because of a world wide economical crisis. So they focus on something else. Some write Fanfiction, others protest.

Cute, did you even bother to look up Child's Play? Let me guess. No. They collected money in protest to Mass Effect 3's ending, yes. The money goes to buying games for chronically sick children in hospitals. It's a sound plan. Because as a big company, you can't argue with charity. It's horribly bad publicity. And it worked, simple as that.

Oh and then there's this tiny little fact, too. Humans aren't logical. They're obvious, simpleminded, selfish and arrogant, but not logical.
DarthStarkiller...

Posted: Apr 6, 2012 8:55 PM   in response to: Lea Nikkaya in response to: Lea Nikkaya
While I agree with your point, I believe some gamers acted on this matter very idiotically. Reporting the FTC about a damm video game? Seriousely? I know it's bad and all but people act like it's the end of the world. And what's up with that donations to the Child's play charity. It's like giving all your money Vegetables store to get revenge from fruit store because they didn't sell bananans.

And the victory EA got as "worst company in America". EA is greedy yes but there are other companies out there who want kick you out of the house. But that dosen't matter. None of real word problems are a matter. All it matter is a video game right? If I had 10 palms, they will be on my face right now.

You don't need to see his signature. He is not the guy you're looking for. He can go about his business. Move along.
Lea Nikkaya

Posted: Apr 6, 2012 11:21 AM   in response to: DarthStarkiller... in response to: DarthStarkiller...
Yes. That's why everyone is so mad. Not becausewe wanted a happy ending, but because they promised us choices and their effects, and then left us with 10 minutes of singular story for everyone.
DarthStarkiller...

Posted: Apr 6, 2012 11:02 AM   in response to: Lea Nikkaya in response to: Lea Nikkaya
Wow they really said all those stuff? I wasn't much of a fan of ME during ME3 news popped up so I didn't read any details back then. Hmm. Maybe they are stupid enough to aim a gun at themselves after all.
:p

Lea Nikkaya

Posted: Apr 6, 2012 6:45 AM   in response to: DarthStarkiller... in response to: DarthStarkiller...
You mean the way they promised and officially annnounced the following about ME3?

“There are many different endings. We wouldn’t do it any other way. How could you go through all three campaigns playing as your Shepard and then be forced into a bespoke ending that everyone gets? But I can’t say any more than that…” -Mike Gamble

"“EXPERIENCE THE BEGINNING, MIDDLE, AND END OF AN EMOTIONAL STORY UNLIKE ANY OTHER, WHERE THE DECISIONS YOU MAKE COMPLETELY SHAPE YOUR EXPERIENCE AND OUTCOME.” -ME3 Website

“The presence of the Rachni has huge consequences in Mass Effect 3. Even just in the final battle with the Reapers.” -Mac Walters

“I’m always leery of saying there are ‘optimal’ endings, because I think one of the things we do try to do is make different endings that are optimal for different people “ -Mac Walters. Not if you're colourblind..

"“Every decision you’ve made will impact how things go. The player’s also the architect of what happens.You’ll get answers to everything. That was one of the key things. Regardless of how we did everything, we had to say, yes, we’re going to provide some answers to these people. Because a lot of these plot threads are concluding and because it’s being brought to a finale, since you were a part of architecting how they got to how they were, you will definitely sense how they close was because of the decisions you made and because of the decisions you didn’t make” -Mike Gamble

"At this point we’re taking into account so many decisions that you’ve made as a player and reflecting a lot of that stuff. It’s not even in any way like the traditional game endings, where you can say how many endings there are or whether you got ending A, B, or C…..The endings have a lot more sophistication and variety in them. We have a rule in our franchise that there is no canon. You as a player decide what your story is.” -Casey Hudson

So no, I'm not convinced they'll stick to their word. Or did I miss the part where ME3's endings "have a lot more sophistication and variety in them."?
DarthStarkiller...

Posted: Apr 6, 2012 6:05 AM   in response to: Lea Nikkaya in response to: Lea Nikkaya
Well they can open thier eyes and come to right track you know. Especially when they are called the "worst company in America" :p

http://www.gamespot.com/news/ea-named-worst-company-in-america-by- consumerist-6370000

And besides the word is already out as the DLC is free. If they try to earn one cent outta this, it's like aiming the Death Star's planet blower upper gun to themselves.

Lea Nikkaya

Posted: Apr 6, 2012 2:52 AM   in response to: DarthStarkiller... in response to: DarthStarkiller...
I'm having a hard time believing EA, whom we know to be exceptionally greedy, to give away something for free without making everyone else pay for it, first. (Remember the Northern Strike expansion for bf2142?) And Bioware has never given away nor bowed to their customers, either. (They could easily have released Kotor2's cut content in a DLC. They didn't. Fans did NOT want a '1 dungeon with a few closed doors' map for every area in DA2, the way they did in ME1. Guess what we got.)

So either they have suddenly grown a brain and learned that they are nothing without their fans, which is highly unlikely, or there's a serious catch to this free DLC.
DarthStarkiller...

Posted: Apr 6, 2012 12:38 AM   in response to: Lea Nikkaya in response to: Lea Nikkaya
I'm serious. :|

http://www.gamespot.com/news/free-mass-effect-3-extended-cut-com ing-this-summer-6370106

clone trooper 24

Posted: Apr 5, 2012 4:23 PM   in response to: Lea Nikkaya in response to: Lea Nikkaya
never!

Combat craft of choice: WAMPA
Lea Nikkaya

Posted: Apr 5, 2012 10:26 AM   in response to: DarthStarkiller... in response to: DarthStarkiller...
And there will be world peace, enough food for everyone and humanity becomes intelligent.

(/sarcasm, in case anyone managed to be blind enough not to notice.)

DarthStarkiller...

Posted: Apr 5, 2012 9:23 AM   in response to: Lea Nikkaya in response to: Lea Nikkaya
Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut will be released this summer which have cinematic sequences and epilogue scenes to explain the endings of the game. And interestingly, it's free.

Lea Nikkaya

Posted: Apr 5, 2012 7:13 AM   in response to: Ness7281992 in response to: Ness7281992
I'll believe it when I see it featured at the E3.

Ness7281992 wrote:
Off-topic time, again! (yay...)
So, I'm going crazy over a certain audio sample I heard recently. It's a quote: "This is a journey into sound." I heard most recently when I listened to one of the songs on Public Enemy's album It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back. I know it originally came from a 1958 LP demonstrating the potentials of stereophonic sound, but I'm losing my mind trying to figure out where else I've heard it. Any suggestions?

Said the crackhead to the billboard:
"WHEEEEEE!!"

It's one of those old sampletracks that everyone suddenly must use in their tracks and narative. Mostly known from Eric B & Rakim - Paid in Full. Several thousand wannabe and professional DJ's use it in their mixes, too.
clone trooper 24

Posted: Apr 4, 2012 4:23 PM   in response to: lego fan in response to: lego fan
saw it come on LA you still got your fans If you say jump for the game I'll say how high?

Ness7281992

Posted: Apr 4, 2012 3:14 PM   in response to: lego fan in response to: lego fan

Off-topic time, again! (yay...)
So, I'm going crazy over a certain audio sample I heard recently. It's a quote: "This is a journey into sound." I heard most recently when I listened to one of the songs on Public Enemy's album It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back. I know it originally came from a 1958 LP demonstrating the potentials of stereophonic sound, but I'm losing my mind trying to figure out where else I've heard it. Any suggestions?

Said the crackhead to the billboard:
"WHEEEEEE!!"
lego fan

Posted: Apr 4, 2012 3:09 AM   in response to: lego fan in response to: lego fan
clone trooper 24

Posted: Mar 29, 2012 9:13 AM   in response to: Lea Nikkaya in response to: Lea Nikkaya
maybe

Lea Nikkaya

Posted: Mar 29, 2012 4:27 AM   in response to: clone trooper 24 in response to: clone trooper 24
Oh I don't know.. I thinkYoutube beats EA in that regard.. :p
clone trooper 24

Posted: Mar 28, 2012 2:54 PM   in response to: Lea Nikkaya in response to: Lea Nikkaya
Read the last three pages and decided that I wasn't going to post anything worth your reading besides, you want to talk about a forum full of nothing but unintelligent wastes of oxygen the EA forums. That's it I've done my forum raging for the day.

Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums