Home » LucasArts Forums » Support » PC

Thread: IJ/Infernal Machine Assert Handler for Palawan Temple FIX!

Permlink Replies: 1 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: Mar 29, 2009 11:46 AM Last Post By: Eddie58 Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Eddie58

Re: IJ/Infernal Machine Assert Handler for Palawan Temple FIX!
Posted: Mar 29, 2009 11:46 AM   in response to: btjones77 in response to: btjones77
    Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this post Reply
I'm running it in XP and I can't find any such file as TEM_IntroCut.cog, any help would be appreciated.
btjones77

IJ/Infernal Machine Assert Handler for Palawan Temple FIX!
Posted: Nov 28, 2007 3:28 PM
    Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this post Reply
I've seen a few questions and mentions regarding Assert Handler errors within Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine. While I'm not entirely certain how to fix all of them, I have figured out how to fix the one I got stuck on.
The introduction movie for the Palawan Temple would begin but would freeze just prior to Indy breaking through the brick wall, and the following Asset Handler error would appear, "sithCogFunction.c(3211): (pThing->type== SITH_THING_PLAYER) II (pThing->type == SITH_THING_ACTOR)".
After restarting the level several times, the same thing would happen. I would even play the last part of Palawan Volcano over again. However, nothing worked. Until I tried this...
I went to the C:
Program Files\Lucas Arts\The Infernal Machine\Resource\Cog folder and deleted the Palawan Temple Introduction cog file (TEM_IntroCut.cog). I then went to the C:
Program Files\Lucas Arts\The Infernal Machine\SaveGames folder and deleted the Palawan Temple saved game that the game automatically saves for you at the beginning of every new level. This was titled "start_07_TEMPLE.nds".
After that, I played the last part of the Palawan Volcano over again and wallah! I was then able to get through the Palawan Temple intro movie without a hitch!
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums