Home » LucasArts Forums » Other Discussion » LucasArts General Discussion

Thread: The Official: Where are the new Star Wars Games thread (FJA)

Permlink Replies: 247 - Pages: 13 [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 | Next ] - Last Post: May 8, 2013 3:11 PM Last Post By: Char Ell Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
mandalore_the_fan

Re: The Official: Where are the new Star Wars Games thread (FJA)
Posted: Aug 2, 2009 5:55 AM   in response to: 501st Clone Com... in response to: 501st Clone Com...
    Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this post Reply
sadly both of those games were in the works but the companies making them went bust (fates of both uncertain.
links are here:
rogue squadron iv
battlefront iii)
501st Clone Com...

Posted: Aug 2, 2009 1:56 AM   in response to: rastahempman in response to: rastahempman
I searched this entire thread and was amazed that
there wasn't any request for a new pod-racing game! I
think it would crazy kool! With today's nextgen tech,
a new podracer game would be awe-inspiring. the
tracks would be enormous and beautiful. the pods
would be detailed and totally customizable.
the scale would be correct; the N64 couldnt really
deliver a true podracing experience. with the nextgen
stuff, the game could be made to really simulate
podracing. crap wizzing by so fast you can barely
see. it would create a good challenging game that
requires real skill development to really be good.
and with xboxlive....WOOOWWW! tournaments for winning
parts or cash to buy parts. race for "pink slips". or
just race with friends.
A new podracer game would be like Forza or Gran
Turismo.... only Star Wars with podracers!
I think it would sell.

Something I would like to have to. Though I think it should be more arcade than Forza or GT. Further I would like BF3 and a new Rogue Squadron(or something with the Imperials/Clone Wars era).
lego fan

Posted: Aug 1, 2009 11:32 AM   in response to: rastahempman in response to: rastahempman
Well, we get Clone Wars Republic Heroes, Battlefront Elite Squadron, Force Unleashed and its new edition, The Old Republic...

At least we're getting some Star Wars games. I predict a time in the future when Lucasarts look back at its history and finally consider respawning some of its forgotten series.

(Man, that sounded cheesy. And what's the plural of 'series'?)
rastahempman

Posted: Jul 31, 2009 5:14 PM   in response to: a22142cb8e8ea88... in response to: a22142cb8e8ea88...
I searched this entire thread and was amazed that there wasn't any request for a new pod-racing game! I think it would crazy kool! With today's nextgen tech, a new podracer game would be awe-inspiring. the tracks would be enormous and beautiful. the pods would be detailed and totally customizable.
the scale would be correct; the N64 couldnt really deliver a true podracing experience. with the nextgen stuff, the game could be made to really simulate podracing. crap wizzing by so fast you can barely see. it would create a good challenging game that requires real skill development to really be good.
and with xboxlive....WOOOWWW! tournaments for winning parts or cash to buy parts. race for "pink slips". or just race with friends.
A new podracer game would be like Forza or Gran Turismo.... only Star Wars with podracers!
I think it would sell.
Sirgrantly

Posted: Jul 1, 2009 10:08 AM   in response to: a22142cb8e8ea88... in response to: a22142cb8e8ea88...
I am waiting for more flight sims like X-Wing or Tie Fighter. PLEASE. I do like the optimization of the sim portion of Galaxies, but give me a solo player version with excellent missions like the aforementioned X-Wing or Tie Fighter. PLEASE.

PLEASE
Mr.Kasser

Posted: Mar 14, 2009 10:55 PM   in response to: a22142cb8e8ea88... in response to: a22142cb8e8ea88...
wow, its 2009 and the same list of games aren't even announced!

seriously, what's wrong with you LucasArts?
when will you FINALLY stop releasing games that your true fans care about specially a Jedi Knight game ??

when I got introduced to the internet in the past, I was usually getting on LucasArts website to see a list of very interesting game (i remember when they announce Escape From Monkey Island !!) and since this new cursed generation came, all what I see are things I don't really care about... LEGO STARWARS? FORCE UNLEASHED? THRIVELLE??? and when I just wanted KOTOR3 rumors come true, it came out as MMO game which has only the setting of KOTOR series with a comic-like graphics

seriously, no one asked for these games. You obviously dont care about your fans anymore. and obviously no one of the staff will ever read this :(
lego fan

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 1:15 PM   in response to: legoproxy in response to: legoproxy
I am a big lucas arts and starwars fan, so forgive me
whe I ask: "What's a Thread??"
?:|

Bit of a late reply, but still... a thread is a topic/discussion on a forum.

After TOR, I don't think there are any other Star Wars games planned yet. I'm seriously hoping TOR ends with the announcement of the real KOTOR3. JK4 would be great, and if there's a Force Unleashed 2 there would be some serious new content required.
Skyhammer26

Posted: Feb 10, 2009 3:00 PM   in response to: a22142cb8e8ea88... in response to: a22142cb8e8ea88...
I'm kind of new compaired to most of u to the universe of starwars but you would be suprised in the 14 years ive been around i have played evry starwars game and other la games i could get my hands on and i've read alot of the eu but i still have alot to go through but i have to say my fav games hav been The original rouge squadron game,x-wing aliance,the x-wing games (it was funny doing death star trench in a b-wing lol) i also have all the battle front games and kotor2 which where fun and i was hoping if they made a third battlefront they wound incorperate the custimization but only too the degree of class custimization. BUT, something i havent seen since the peice of crap that way starwars star fighter and jedi star fighter i would like to see a new flight sim for the newer systems and for pc (i have noticed the systems are lacking in that but they do have the joystick controlers available for this kind of game) also if this was to happen per haps follow the rouge squadron books or doring the same run of events maybe working with rouge squadron idk but i just want a new flight sim and i know i'm not the only one out there most of my friends have been disapointed with la for a few years now and frankly force unleashed could have been so much better i do like fracture and indy looks awsome but we want more star wars and as for the topic of kotor 3 i'm srry it would be cool but ithink they wanted u to make up your own ideas of what happens after the hawk fly into deep space but with the old repuplic mmorpg that is coming out ican safely say it wont happen. again i want to stress the flight sim idea more because galaxies sytem is the only new ish star wars flight experience around and it leaves alot to be desired. ps srry about legnth just wanted to be heard.
legoproxy

Posted: Nov 10, 2008 5:55 PM   in response to: a22142cb8e8ea88... in response to: a22142cb8e8ea88...
I am a big lucas arts and starwars fan, so forgive me whe I ask: "What's a Thread??"
?:|
MrLongbowman

Posted: Nov 1, 2008 1:29 PM   in response to: a22142cb8e8ea88... in response to: a22142cb8e8ea88...
Yes Lucasart could make a Kotor 3 ( they are ) or BF3, but I think that true greatness would come from a new IP. Like Force Unleashed, except Force Unleashed was not the game we been waiting for. Personally I think it is time for LA to move on from Star Wars, create some new IPs, that is what I hope for. They tried in Fracture and it did not succeed but they have to continue trying.
launchthefirst

Posted: Oct 30, 2008 8:57 AM   in response to: *hjklkl* in response to: *hjklkl*
The lego starwars movies clips where funny. They practically show the entire movie with funny changes to it.

What is probably sad/halarious, is LA probably hires market research firms to find out what people like.... yeah i know it's pretty funny to me to...

Why not team up with Rockstar studios and make a GTA star wars version and make the biggest game of all time. Sell expansion packs with other planets where you become a crime lord. could their be a better game?
*hjklkl*

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 11:42 AM   in response to: petraaken in response to: petraaken
Where the hell is the next Jedi Knight (Jedi Academy)
game for pc?

PC like Piracy --> PC people will cheats online

don't forget the consoles JK was on Xbox too !!
*hjklkl*

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 11:39 AM   in response to: ewksmstdie in response to: ewksmstdie
What is the deal with these guys here a Lucas Arts?
Two of the best games ever made and they're dragging
their feet on KOTOR3. I hope the rumors about an MMO
aren't true. That would just ruin the game. It's an
RPG and that's the way it should stay. If they do
decide to make another game I hope they let the
developers finish it this time. Kotor2, while having
vast improvements over the first game, was
disappointing because it wasn't allowed to be
completely finished. Also, for a new game they should
allow for more customization of everything including
ships, sabers, droids, and robes. How about a light
whip like they have in the books? That would be
pretty cool. Lucas Arts needs to start looking at
these posts here and at many other sites on the Web
and realize that there is a huge and growing demand
for the next game. What else would be nice is a
completed version of the second game with more
customization and added story line.

I agree with ya Kotor should ( STAY RPG )

ewksmstdie

Posted: Sep 9, 2008 7:50 PM   in response to: Char Ell in response to: Char Ell
What is the deal with these guys here a Lucas Arts? Two of the best games ever made and they're dragging their feet on KOTOR3. I hope the rumors about an MMO aren't true. That would just ruin the game. It's an RPG and that's the way it should stay. If they do decide to make another game I hope they let the developers finish it this time. Kotor2, while having vast improvements over the first game, was disappointing because it wasn't allowed to be completely finished. Also, for a new game they should allow for more customization of everything including ships, sabers, droids, and robes. How about a light whip like they have in the books? That would be pretty cool. Lucas Arts needs to start looking at these posts here and at many other sites on the Web and realize that there is a huge and growing demand for the next game. What else would be nice is a completed version of the second game with more customization and added story line.
Signore del Sith

Posted: Apr 17, 2008 1:15 PM   in response to: Char Ell in response to: Char Ell
i think it's the time to reveal the free radicals secret project(it's secret from 2006)
hovewe ca be Battlefront3(because in the free radicals site you can read a sentence whit the words battle and front),republic commando 2(Haze looks like similar for certain thing),new Jedi Knight 4(it not more probable but not impossible),a mix of this game XD?
Char Ell

Posted: Apr 17, 2008 6:59 AM   in response to: 75f808f43a05b43... in response to: 75f808f43a05b43...
Welcome to the new members who are keeping the KotOR 3 flame alive!

I'm anxiously awaiting KotOR 3 but don't have much hope that we'll see it anytime soon. Sorry, I guess I'm a bit jaded at this point. :(
75f808f43a05b43...

Posted: Apr 16, 2008 1:32 PM   in response to: 600161b1ee398ac... in response to: 600161b1ee398ac...
i know kotor3 will be a system seller and game of the year that's a fact.
600161b1ee398ac...

Posted: Apr 16, 2008 11:11 AM   in response to: cf1e6ed6bd8bf3b... in response to: cf1e6ed6bd8bf3b...
Man, if you're the new director, this explains much. ;-)

Seriously, though, I've posted on another thread my thinking behind asking LA to produce KOTOR III. If anyone from LA reads this message, please convey to your department head(s) the earnestness of the people who post here. A decent version of KOTOR III (a la the first one) would sell out its pre-orders!
cf1e6ed6bd8bf3b...

Posted: Apr 14, 2008 5:02 AM   in response to: 75f808f43a05b43... in response to: 75f808f43a05b43...
Lol =)
Iam the new Director of Lucasarts :=)
We now stop all those Legogames and unusable Stuff and Remind our Fans from
the StarWars Saga...
And sure ! We plan more PC-Games again, Roleplaying, Simulations, Strategy.
KOTOR 3 will be come , also StarWars Games that have Story before Episode 1, inside Episode 1-6, and after .

The Force will be with ya ! LOL!
75f808f43a05b43...

Posted: Apr 9, 2008 4:18 PM   in response to: a22142cb8e8ea88... in response to: a22142cb8e8ea88...
Kotor3!!!Kotor3!!!Kotor3!!!Kotor3!!!Kotor3!!!Kotor3!!!Kotor3!!!Kotor3!!!
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums