Home » LucasArts Forums » Support » PC

Thread: Release: Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine - Patch for Windows 7 [2.1]

Permlink Replies: 45 - Pages: 3 [ 1 2 3 | Next ] - Last Post: Jun 11, 2013 4:56 AM Last Post By: Commander Battl...
Commander Battl...

Re: Release: Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine - Patch for Windows 7 [2.1]
Posted: Jun 11, 2013 4:56 AM   in response to: Commander Battl... in response to: Commander Battl...
    Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this post Reply
Please try my method below, and stop saying you will never do it, just keep trying until it works. That's how I got it working on my system, a little persistence can go a long way.
Commander Battl...

Posted: May 30, 2013 5:11 AM   in response to: Commander Battl... in response to: Commander Battl...
Hey are you still there. Please try out my suggested help method below it's gotta work for you, Don't GIVE UP!
Commander Battl...

Posted: May 15, 2013 4:11 PM   in response to: sladerlmc77 in response to: sladerlmc77
I think that the problem is with your computer. I think that you could fix it with the Application Compadibility toolkit. This toolkit from microsoft lets you make your own compatibility patches for games and it already has compadibility settings for many games! You should try it!

Here is the link: http://www. microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=7352

In fact, I checked and there is already a compadibility patch for Indiana Jones and The Infernal Machine! I was close to using this tool but then I figured out the problem before getting to use it but it should work. If the compadibility patch that is already there doesn't work then make your own!

It does require a little tweaking though to get it running, so you can create your own compadibility mode for the program to work out the bugs. Hope this helps.
sladerlmc77

Posted: May 14, 2013 10:02 PM   in response to: Commander Battl... in response to: Commander Battl...
No, it never prompts me. I have verified that I'm using the latest version of the installer, and the file does patch to the new version. It just doesn't solve the problem for me. :(

I'm afraid something is irretrievably broken...to get it running, I'm probably going to have to format.

Ah well...thanks for trying to help!
Commander Battl...

Posted: May 14, 2013 1:14 PM   in response to: sladerlmc77 in response to: sladerlmc77
well usually there is a pop-up that asks you if you want to install the official patch. If this doesn't pop-up for you then maybe you don't have the recent version. Or it's because I have windows vista, who knows, but i'm sure the official patch is your problem.
sladerlmc77

Posted: May 13, 2013 9:14 PM   in response to: Commander Battl... in response to: Commander Battl...
I guess I'm not following you....removing the game files and registry entries is fine, (i've done this multiple times), but at no point does the installer ever pop up information about a patch. It simply installs, tells me the installation was succesful, and exits.

(Just to verify, I repeated the removal of all game files, registry entries, rebooted, installed from the installer you linked in your message, etc.)

The game still crashes upon load, (whether from launch or while trying to load a saved game). At no point (either from a fresh install or afterward) does the installer ever give any information about a patch?

What am I missing?
Commander Battl...

Posted: May 12, 2013 2:47 PM   in response to: sladerlmc77 in response to: sladerlmc77
Ok since you have only a 64-bit computer my other fix won't work. So here is what you do.

1. First uninstall all of your current files (you may want to keep your savegames in case this doesn't work) and remove all of your registry entries with regedit, unless you have a uninstaller program that does it for you. Here is the place the registries are for Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC\Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine\v1.0

2. Next install the game again with the special patched installer for windows 64 bit systems here:

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?dyfp 303qpx03k2t

3. After it installs just run the game! Don't install the official lucasarts update, the installer will pop up a window which describes the official patch. When this happens exit the patch and DON'T INSTALL IT YET.

4. Run the game and load the savegame called Canyon 001.nds

Here is the link to the savegames:

http://www.replaying.de/indiana-jones-5/indiana-jones-5-der-turm-v on-babel-savegames/

If the link doesn't work then it's the posting glitch with the url's on this site,just delete the space at the middle of babel-savegames (make it from this - babe l-savegames, to this babel-savegames) seems it made a space in the url, don't know why)

You must register for a login at the replaying.de site to download and it is really hard to read the german, but that's fine just use google translate or the one you were using before, Babelfish will work just fine.

Moving on . . .

5.If the game loads the savegame without any errors then it should work throughout the game, if not then do this:

6.Yet again uninstall all of your files and registry entries (I know it's annoying!)

7. Then after that, run the patched installer for windows 64-bit.

8. Then install the patch when prompted by the PATCHED INSTALLER! Don't run it by individually downloading it, because it's already in the patched installer already.

9. Load up the game and then reload the same savegame.

10. I told you to not install the official patch because I had some problems when I installed it, I had the same problem as you with it not loading and crashing all the time. So I tried installing without the patch and it worked perfectly (weird that patches always screw up things) Anyway...

11.After this I would check to see if it locks up every time you exit the game. If it does then I don't know what to say. GOOD LUCK!
sladerlmc77

Posted: May 11, 2013 3:43 PM   in response to: Commander Battl... in response to: Commander Battl...
I only have a 64-bit computer. I actually received a fix from Penumbra, who created a 32-bit installer for the game.

His fix worked (temporarily), but then began crashing after one succesful play session. I've nearly given up on making it run.

You can see the thread where he was giving me a hand here:

http://indiana-jones -forum.de/showtopic.php?id=7013
Commander Battl...

Posted: May 11, 2013 4:45 AM   in response to: sladerlmc77 in response to: sladerlmc77
To slander: Do you have a 32-bit computer that you can install the game on or do you only have a 64-bit computer?

To Clemroc: Have you ran the patched installer or do you have a 32-bit computer?
sladerlmc77

Posted: May 4, 2013 9:44 PM   in response to: Cor Angar in response to: Cor Angar
Further information (in case anybody is still paying attention to this thread):

I'm running Windows 7 (64-bit edition) on an Alienware M14x-r2.

Video card is an Nvidia GeForce GT 650M, running 9.18.13.1422 drivers. (dated 03/14/13)

Sound card is a Sound Blaster Recon 3Di.

I've tried running both Jones3d.exe and and Indy3d.exe in various compatibility modes, and without. Most compatability modes crash frequently, most stable seems to be Windows XP SP3, with "Disable Visual Themes", "Disable desktop composition", "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings", and "run as administrator" selected.

Interestingly, after the installer didn't seem to correct my problems, I did find that downloading and installing the J3dUpdate1.2.exe DOES allow me to load the game every time without crashes, and succesfully enter the Canyonlands.

However, if I attempt to save or load any games (either from the launcher menu or within the game itself) I'll get an immediate crash.

The only exception seems to be Quicksave or Quickload - both of these seem to work.

Anybody got any ideas?
sladerlmc77

Posted: May 4, 2013 8:52 PM   in response to: Cor Angar in response to: Cor Angar
I know this thread hasn't been updated in a long time, but I'm hoping somebody can give me a hand.

I've been trying to get Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine running for quite some time, and no matter what method I'm using, nothing seems to work.

I've tried to use the patched installer included earlier in this thread, but I continually run into crashes either when launching the game, or when trying to load the Canyonlands.

Based on other threads I've read, it sounds like there are issues with running the game in resolutions
other than 1024 x 768, but I've also read that you need to run the game with the 3d sound checkbox enabled, and in True Color (32-bit) mode.

The problem I'm having is that the 3dsound checkbox is disabled, and saving the video options with True Color enabled doesn't "stick" - it switches right back to 16-bit mode after i've supposedly saved the settings.

I suspect this is the real issue causing the crashes - does anybody have any advice? This is drivine me nuts!

Thanks for any help you can provide!
Clemroc

Posted: Mar 23, 2013 12:20 PM   in response to: micahsj in response to: micahsj
It's been a while since this post has not been updated, but I will try my luck.

During the cutscenes, there are no sounds for the characters voices. As you mentioned, enabling 3d sound might be a solution, however, I am unable to tick this option. I don't know what to do!
Commander Battl...

Posted: Nov 25, 2012 9:30 AM   in response to: Commander Battl... in response to: Commander Battl...
Don't use my method below unless the installer doesn't work, because This installer is the best thing for playing Indiana Jones the infernal machine. Use that first, and thanks to the people that made this great installer, YOU ROCK!
Commander Battl...

Posted: Nov 25, 2012 8:53 AM   in response to: Commander Battl... in response to: Commander Battl...
I Got it! This is really stupid, The CD2.GOB file was named wrong! Even the old installer skipped over it!!! It was named CD1.GOB on the second DISK!! Weird! So I renamed it to CD2.GOB and the installer worked!!

So it was just my disk no need to update the installer, thanks for all of your help!

If anyone else has trouble check your disk first!
Commander Battl...

Posted: Nov 25, 2012 7:04 AM   in response to: Guest in response to: Guest
So do I remove it from my disc? How do I make the installer skip the file? Can someone make a patcher that only updates the exe file and applies the fixes? Thanks.

Edit: I found out that I don't even have the BITPOOL.RSC file, It stops installing and gives me that CDC error when it is installing the CD2.GOB file not the BITPOOL.RSC file (that I don't have).

Weird, Hopefully someone fixes the installer or makes a individual patcher for people who used my way to install it. But also when I install it with the installer the game is still playable but it locks up when it's loading Canyonlands. Can I still play it without the installer finishing? Sorry about all the questions and thanks for you helpful posts!

Edited by: Commander Battle Driod on Nov 25, 2012 7:13 AM

Edited by: Commander Battle Driod on Nov 25, 2012 7:17 AM
Posted: Nov 24, 2012 8:51 AM   in response to: Commander Battl... in response to: Commander Battl...
The correct date of the Indy3D.exe is 2010, it's the fixed version by Posse to avoid crashes when using some guns. It's included in the installer like some more fixes I did.

The CRC error may could appear when trying to copy the BITPOOL.RSC file, which is not needed for playing (the original setup also doesn't install this file to the hard drive) it's just on the CD.
I think, to skip this file in next Installer versions, would prevent some potential errors, speed up the installation and save some free space.

Perhaps the Installer will be updated soon...
But I really recommend to use it to be able to play properly.

regards from germany

Martin
Commander Battl...

Posted: Nov 23, 2012 7:28 PM   in response to: Commander Battl... in response to: Commander Battl...
Never Mind It's Working!!! All I did was copy the files and the registries over to my other computer!

Now it works. I'm not sure but the 2000 exe is the recent version of Indiana Jones And The Infernal Machine right?

Here are the registries I used for anyone else with this problem. ENJOY!

Steps:

1. Open up notepad and copy this inside:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 - Include this

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC\Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine

http://HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC\Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine\v1.0
"Executable"="C:
Program Files (x86)\\LucasArts
The Infernal Machine\\Resource
Indy3D.EXE"
"Install Path"="C:
Program Files (x86)\\LucasArts
The Infernal Machine"
"Source Path"="E:"
"CD Path"="E:"
"Analyze Path"="E:\\INSTALL
SysCheck.exe"
"Source Dir"="E:
"
"InstallType"=dword:00000001
"Installed"=dword:00000002
"JoystickID"="1"
"Launcher"="C:
Program Files (x86)\\LucasArts\The Infernal Machine\Jones3d.exe"
"Magic"=dword:000927d8

2. Then save it into the installation directory or wherever as Indi3D.reg, make sure it's not a text file. The icon should look like blocks.

3. Double click Indi3D.reg and add those to the registry, Then your done! Make sure you copy the files from whatever computer you installed it on and put it in c:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts, Copy the folder called The Infernal Machine and put it in there.

4. You are all set to play. Use this method if the Patched Installer does not work.

P.S. I did this for Star Wars Episode 1 The Phantom Menace And It Worked Perfectly!GOOD LUCK!

Commander Battl...

Posted: Nov 23, 2012 2:10 PM   in response to: Commander Battl... in response to: Commander Battl...
Can I copy the installation folder from my 32-bit computer and then try running it on the 64 bit? I think it would work, because I did that for Star wars episode 1 the phantom menace. But I did need a registry entry to do this. Any ideas?
Commander Battl...

Posted: Nov 23, 2012 11:24 AM   in response to: Cor Angar in response to: Cor Angar
Hello, The weird thing is that the disc is not scratched and it has installed on my 32-bit computer just fine. I don't know what is wrong.
Cor Angar

Posted: Nov 23, 2012 10:39 AM   in response to: Commander Battl... in response to: Commander Battl...
@zanderbander8690
I recommend you the blend test, because it does not stress the CPU as much as the "Small FFTs" and cannot cause an overheating.

@Commander Battle Driod
You have got a CRC Error. Make sure your disc is clean. If your disc is too scratched, it might not be possible to install the game anyway.

Greetings
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums