Home » LucasArts Forums » Support » PC

Thread: Can't install Lego Star Wars 3- Win XP

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: Apr 6, 2011 7:42 PM Last Post By: marraco99
marraco99

Re: Can't install Lego Star Wars 3- Win XP
Posted: Apr 6, 2011 7:42 PM   in response to: marraco99 in response to: marraco99
    Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this post Reply
well folks this is the trick. i don't know why this makes a difference but all ia good and i can waste too many hours playing this game.
marraco99

Posted: Apr 6, 2011 3:56 PM   in response to: marraco99 in response to: marraco99

as for directx 10, I was able to install it on the system and other games are working. I imagine I can role it back if necessary- never done it before.

I am copying the contents of the DVD to a folder on the c: drive

maybe that will work- i am open to anything here that will work.

LECTECH3

Posted: Apr 6, 2011 12:58 PM   in response to: marraco99 in response to: marraco99
Hmmm...DirectX10 is not available for Windows XP. If you have a port of DirectX10 running on your XP system, you have an unsupported scenario.

If you mean you upgraded from a DirectX9 videocard to a DirectX10 videocard, try copying the contents of the game disc to your hard drive and run the installer from the hard drive location. To do this, please follow these steps:
  • Create a new folder on your desktop (or other location with adequate free drive space, about 7.5GB) and name the folder...perhaps "LSW3_disc_contents".
  • Open My Computer and navigate to the DVD-drive where the game disc is installed.
  • Right-click on the drive and select "Open" in the pop-up menu.
  • Select all of the files and folders on the game disc and copy them to the folder you previously created.
  • After the copy completes, manually run the game launcher by clicking on Launcher.exe, in the folder you previously created.
  • Proceed through the install proccess.

Does the install complete successfully?
marraco99

Can't install Lego Star Wars 3- Win XP
Posted: Apr 5, 2011 6:39 PM
text in error encountered-

there is a problem with this windows installer package. a program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. contact your support personnel or package vendor

This error popped up right as the direct install was finishing. i have directx 10 now- had 9(got same error with both 9 and 10- same time too).

I have a system that should have no problem here. I know this for certain.

has anybody seen any directx issues with win XP out there.

the lucas arts support said they don't support it product- yet i imagine.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums