Home » LucasArts Forums » Discussion » Discussion

Thread: Outlaws on Windows 7

Permlink Replies: 10 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: Apr 4, 2013 8:44 AM Last Post By: Daniel_br
Daniel_br

Re: Outlaws on Windows 7
Posted: Apr 4, 2013 8:44 AM   in response to: gunner888 in response to: gunner888
    Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this post Reply
Hi,

I've been searching many blogs and forums regarding Outlaws on Win7.

I couldn't find nothing on how to play it without the CD. It's really annoying to insert the CD everytime I want to play it.

And I wasn't able to find a walkthrough on how to play it on Win 7. I tried to copy, but CD is asked.

Can anyone help me here?
JackDamianDiablo

Posted: Nov 23, 2012 10:55 AM   in response to: ArialNuke in response to: ArialNuke
I know exacly how beacause I have been through the same I used to play Outlaws from the main launcher Full screen option completely none patched..in 800.x600 The colors showed up ..Okay went off the game Patched It with evrything and I got a new setup launcher wich Saved me too http://vogons.zetafleet.com/viewtopic.php?t=22280&sid=7937f66e 70f0bd549cb%206375ff8a50239

there is someone who linked in the forum a New outlaw setup ..you have to use your cd to install it or piratly Click next till It selects the drive you have outlaws mounted ..let me know If It solved anything
CaptainSlumberj...

Posted: Nov 22, 2012 4:38 PM   in response to: gunner888 in response to: gunner888
Hey all. I just found my old Outlaws discs. I am running Windows 7 64-bit, so I had to bypass the install and copied the OUTLAWS folder off the disc straight to my desktop, as other sites have suggested. The first half of the main campaign, all the historical missions, and the multiplayer work fine. But when it comes time to switch discs in the campaign, I get a "could not load level" after putting the second disc in.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Or has anyone found a workaround?
mimanol

Posted: Feb 16, 2012 1:16 PM   in response to: ArialNuke in response to: ArialNuke
Try killing explorer process. It works with color issues in some games.

Look this link for more information:

http://www.lucasforu ms.com/showthread.php?p=2801577

Greetings.
ArialNuke

Posted: Feb 14, 2012 6:14 PM   in response to: gunner888 in response to: gunner888
hey all,

I tried installing outlaws on my windows 7 PC. the installation file would not open, so i copied the files from the disc onto my harddrive. the game will run, however major graphical issues happen. anyway to fix this?
milanjev

Posted: Nov 8, 2011 6:24 PM   in response to: mikeyhascrazyeyes in response to: mikeyhascrazyeyes
I have copied disk 1 to the PC and can play Outlaws on Windows 7. However, when it asks for disk 2 it can not load the games. What am I doing wronk?
mikeyhascrazyeyes

Posted: Feb 19, 2011 9:56 AM   in response to: gunner888 in response to: gunner888
The game itself will work on x64 Windows 7 (and vista no doubt) however the installer fails to function.

To get the game running;

Insert game disk one.
Go to, Start -> Computer, right click on your CD/DVD drive, and click Open.
Copy the folder named "OUTLAWS" - this folder contains the game executable, config files, sounds, etc, and paste it anywhere on your computer.
In the OUTLAWS folder there will be an executable called "OLWIN", double click that and the game should run. You'll need the CD left in the drive of course.

You can also run the game straight from the disk.

The game itself runs OK, the movies have incorrect colours and some textures in-game have seem like the colour has been inverted/colour artifacts.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the game runs perfectly in windowed mode, but I run it full screen as I prefer to use a mouse to look around, rather than just using the keyboard.

This tread also offers a 32-bit installer: http://vogons.zetafleet.com/viewtopic.php?t=22280&sid=7937f 66e70f0bd549cb6375ff8a50239

Edited by: mikeyhascrazyeyes on Feb 20, 2011 4:00 AM

Edited by: mikeyhascrazyeyes on Feb 20, 2011 4:15 AM
Jaybroni

Posted: Dec 28, 2010 10:33 AM   in response to: RWJenkins in response to: RWJenkins
This sounds like a problem that was discussed recently here: http://forums.lucasarts.com/thread.jspa?threadID=143885&tst art=0 . Basically, the installer is not compatible with Windows 7, but the actual game might be. While in that thread they linked to discussions of how to copy the game files directly from the CD for the game Jedi Knight, if you can do something similar and directly copy the game files for Outlaws, you may be able to get the game up and running.
RWJenkins

Posted: Nov 25, 2010 8:54 AM   in response to: gunner888 in response to: gunner888
Agreed it should, however it does not. There's a message about a 32 vs 64 bit application.

i haven't dived that far deep into it, but it's far from a no-brainer to get Outlaws installed onto Windows 7.
Drak Night12

Posted: Oct 29, 2010 9:59 AM   in response to: gunner888 in response to: gunner888
Any of the windows games, should work on Windows Seven. I know World of Warcraft works on the Windows Seven, so I'm pretty sure that Outlaws would work as well.
gunner888

Outlaws on Windows 7
Posted: Oct 25, 2010 11:27 AM
Is Outlaws ever going to be available to run on Windows 7.
It was fun to play but since I had to update my computer doe to unforeseen circumstances, I can no longer run some of my favorite games. Is there a solution.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums