Home » LucasArts Forums » Support » PC

Thread: Error: "No disc inserted. Please insert the CD/DVD"

Permlink Replies: 6 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: Jan 10, 2010 5:28 PM Last Post By: readmorebooks
readmorebooks

Re: Error: "No disc inserted. Please insert the CD/DVD"
Posted: Jan 10, 2010 5:28 PM   in response to: dfbanas in response to: dfbanas
    Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this post Reply
My original IJ disc ran for awhile...glitched, but the patch fixed it and now the dvd won't even be read by the computer--three different drives and 2 different computers say "insert disc" when it IS inserted. Both computers have different windows platforms and security and dvd drives, so it has to be the disc.

Now, how to get my money back for opened games???!! Ya can't!!
nickamite

Posted: Nov 29, 2009 8:03 PM   in response to: dfbanas in response to: dfbanas
You need the game disk in the computer to play it. Oh is your computer COMPATIBLE!
Abdomzoom

Posted: Jan 18, 2009 4:27 AM   in response to: dfbanas in response to: dfbanas
Add another one to the list. I have been having this same trouble for a week. It installs ok and even recognises the disk when i put it in, but when I click play it suddenly decides there is no disk inserted. I have tried the help people and they have not bothered to reply. When i originally got the game the computer insisted the disk was a copy. I complained and support sent me a patch after a 2 day wait I installed the patch and all was well for a few weeks. Now all of a sudden it says there is no disk. Out of desperation I tried to completely uninstall the whole thing and start again now it won't uninstall it gives me a different error. I have got both star wars games and the batman game and have had no trouble at all with them. I have heard nothing but tales of woe about this indiana jones game I think it has some major issues with many computers. There I feel better now. Pity it won't stop my kids whining that there game won't work
AdmiralAckbar3

Posted: Jan 5, 2009 9:51 PM   in response to: hencks in response to: hencks
Add one more to the count of folks having this problem.

I installed the game on our Dell computer using the Administrator account, and I can run the game under the same account. However, my son cannot launch the game using his limited account. He gets the "No disc inserted" message. If I give his account administrator privileges, then he can launch the game, and in fact he continues to be able to launch the game if I change the account back to limited. This ability ends after some time (perhaps after a logoff- I haven't figured it out yet.) We also got a WALL-E game on DVD, and it is working fine under both types of accounts.
hencks

Posted: Jan 4, 2009 5:17 AM   in response to: dfbanas in response to: dfbanas
I am having the same issue. I was actually able to install, but when try to play, get the "No disc inserted" error. Very frustrating.

I have emailed Yoda's help desk, but despite the 48 hour promise of help... haven't heard a peep.

My son is sooooooooo disappointed. What a let down! This was the one thing he asked Santa for!!@&%#
frustrated_cons...

Posted: Dec 31, 2008 6:00 AM   in response to: dfbanas in response to: dfbanas
I am having the same problem with this game. I have had numerous back and forths with the support techs at lucasart as well as securom. I cannot install the patch that is supposed to help with dells and roxio because I cannot install the Indiana jones game because my drive will not recognize the dvd at all. I get the 'please insert disc' message. I have spent at least 7 hours on the entire process of trying to get the game installed. All other DVDs work. And this Indiana Jones DVD works on a different PC, just not my son's where it needs to work.

If anyone knows a solution I'll give it one last try so that my son can finally play with his favorite Christmas present.
dfbanas

Error: "No disc inserted. Please insert the CD/DVD"
Posted: Dec 30, 2008 5:31 PM
I receive this message after clicking on the launcher. I have verified that the CD is in the drive. The drive does work for other games.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums