Home » LucasArts Forums » Other Discussion » Off-Topic Discussion

Thread: Randomness

Permlink Replies: 5,558 - Pages: 278 [ Previous | 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 278 | Next ] - Last Post: Jul 16, 2013 12:34 PM Last Post By: Lea Nikkaya
Lea Nikkaya

Re: Randomness
Posted: Mar 28, 2012 10:14 AM   in response to: Ness7281992 in response to: Ness7281992
    Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this post Reply
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/ Main_Page Really? You never saw that page?Its original link is Wookiepedia.org.

Piratebay? Mobilism? RapidShare? Heck I could email them to you.
Ness7281992

Posted: Mar 28, 2012 9:51 AM   in response to: Lea Nikkaya in response to: Lea Nikkaya

...Umm, no... I've never heard of "wookipedia" before, really.
The only actual connection I have to Star Wars as a series is the movies, the Lego sets, and the old games. I knew there are books, but I didn't really have much interest in them.
I've watched enough Clone Wars to know it kinda sucks, and although Battlefront 1 and 2 are alright, I prefer Tie Fighter or Dark Forces to The Force Unleashed. I enjoyed the original trilogy. The new trilogy is alright. The Clone Wars is pretty pathetic.
I don't know where to go to download a book for free.
...Any more questions?

Said the crackhead to the billboard:
"WHEEEEEE!!"
Lea Nikkaya

Posted: Mar 28, 2012 9:37 AM   in response to: Ness7281992 in response to: Ness7281992
And you never considered to look him up on wookipedia? You never bothered to check if there might be any Star Wars books?

Why do people insist on proving that Star Wars to people these days is nothing more than a lousy cartoon and a few rubbish games?

What's the difference between borrowing it in the library and then returning it after reading, or downloading it and deleting at after reading? Both don't send a penny to the author.
Ness7281992

Posted: Mar 28, 2012 9:08 AM   in response to: Lea Nikkaya in response to: Lea Nikkaya

...Wait, Thrawn has his own series?! I only picked Thrawn as my avatar because I thought he was awesome in the Tie Fighter game, but this adds some dimesion to a rather vague character. Too bad my library doesn't have Heir to the Empire. It has the other two, now that I've looked, but what good is that? I could always try and get it on Amazon, but my budget is reeeally tight right now (go figure).

"WHEEEEEE!!"
Lea Nikkaya

Posted: Mar 28, 2012 2:54 AM   in response to: 37fc531af790fae... in response to: 37fc531af790fae...
Yes I read Outbound flight. It was pretty good. It's a whole series, if i rememeber correctly. Outbound Flight, then Thrawn Trilogy, then Thrawn Duology, and then Survivors Quest. I liked the Duology, too.

Well I have everything in Epub format on my phone, so whenever i'm on the bus or train, I read. (Or watch tv, but that's a serious battery drain. 45 minutes and the phone is dead...) You probably shouldn't loan me your bible.. I got kicked out of a hotel last week for suggesting to use it as firewood... Touchy! :p

Yes, the conversation is surprisingly empty, now that it's about Star Wars and not Clone Wars... I should ask money for everytime my point gets proven correct... :p

Ahhh. That sucks. Okay, uhm... well, we could always email.. :p
37fc531af790fae...

Posted: Mar 27, 2012 3:33 PM   in response to: Lea Nikkaya in response to: Lea Nikkaya
Absolutely excellent ! I would put bane trilogy up there with them for sure ... Pure genius in my opinion lol . Truthfully I never got into reading much of anything other than star wars books (when I was younger)and nowadays I don't even have time to read those haha when I do have free time to read it's either the Bible or Christian literature haha but I've got a stack of star wars books that wink at me from my bookshelf , and ALWAYS come on vacation to Florida with me (18 hours in a van hurts the team lol) but thrawns are classic!! So classic!! Did you read outbound flight ?? I thought it was masterful in it's introduction on thrawn and the chiss people ... Which is a commonly neglected topic in my eyes ...

And yeah this place is the most wretched hive of scum and Villany lol it's terrible . Like if I saw this convo about the books going on (being intelligent and having something to add to the conversation) I would be all up in this convo .

And sadly , no I do not .. I'm a Mac guy ... And most of my gaming is on ps3
Lea Nikkaya

Posted: Mar 27, 2012 1:42 PM   in response to: 37fc531af790fae... in response to: 37fc531af790fae...
The Republic Commando books were excellent. Please don't mention them in the same breath as Clone Wars... especially since the author actually left in anger over Clone Wars ruining the entire thing... :(

Actually I still occasionally read the Xwing books. They're still on my phone's Ereader app. (although they do have to fight for attention against the rest of my library. Xwing books are currently on 3, having a paperback war against the Brotherhood of War series of W.E.B. Griffin. Ink gets spilled often... Meanwhile Dean Koontz and A.C Doyle are having Tea at 1, and Tom Clancy is glaring at them from a lonely 2.) (This is what happens when i'm writing. My mind goes off and says ever weirder thans than usual.) The Thrawn Trilogy was amazing, too. :) It occasionally peeks up from under the table at 2, scaring the living daylights out of Op Center and Jack Ryan.

Maybe you haven't noticed, but people don't exactly follow the rules no matter how much I tell them to. :p... Do you have Xfire? :p
37fc531af790fae...

Posted: Mar 27, 2012 1:28 PM   in response to: Lea Nikkaya in response to: Lea Nikkaya
ohh thats sweet man, sound like a good time. and yeah if it were me i woulda closed these boards from sheer absurdity of the things going on

and don't get me started on clone wars.. great concept, don't get me wrong... but it is the most NON canon pile of festering poop that i have ever seen. it makes me sick that star wars has fallen to those depths... the books aren't much better.. after the yuzhaan vong i lost interest because things were so ridiculous , but that old school stuff they've been doing, like the bane trilogy, and the commando books that came out a while back were great.. but nothing will ever beat the classics like rogue squadron etc. such great material there haha

but that sounds like a plan , you have the floor. i'd advise starting a thread somewhere and putting where its at on here cuz i don't want to wander around these boards looking for it haha that would be miserable
Lea Nikkaya

Posted: Mar 27, 2012 2:31 AM   in response to: 37fc531af790fae... in response to: 37fc531af790fae...
I am not wasting brainpower on deciphering a pointless message which may or may nto have been a troll. :p

I'm a multimedia artist. (which is a fancy way of saying 'I couldn't decide between photography, graphic design, dtp, film-creation, writing, digital illustrating, and photoshopping') But mostly I work as a Graphic Designer/Photographer. And most of that job can be described as a graphic consultant.

Mostly I've been playing... What have I been playing, actually.. Euh Mass Effect 3 a bit, Anno 1404, FEAR3 and a darn lot of Hidden Object Games. Anno 2070 wouldn't launch because of Ubisoft's ridiculously extreme DRM. (Which didn't work, it was pirated before it came out...) Windows marks it as a virus, and that's the end of that....

Well. I say Kindergarten... I was putting it nicely, yes. I'm not really blaming Lucasarts for not checking their own forums. If I was them, I wouldn't want to have to deal with it, either.

These days any star wars conversation always ends with someone proclaiming their utter love for the joke that is The Clone Wars. Sadly. The days of deep discussions about Revan's fate, the books, the connections between games and film, and what came after the films, are long gone. I remember our discussions about which books were worth a read and which weren't. These days 90% of the people here have not read a single book.

I'm all for starting a good oldfashioned discussion, but we'll need some groundrules. Such as "if you don't have anything useful to say, shut up. " and "don't change the topic because you don't like or don't know the current one".
37fc531af790fae...

Posted: Mar 26, 2012 7:44 PM   in response to: Lea Nikkaya in response to: Lea Nikkaya
Haha gotta get that 195 iq to work lol but what is it exactly that do you do ? but ya the games that have been released lately leave quite a bit to be desired ... I loved force unleashed 2 when it came out , but that was many moons ago ... And it took like 4 hours to finish which is pathetic ... But since then call of duty has ben my consolation lol (on the rare occasions when I find time to actually get on my ps3 .. Staying busy has never been a big issue for me recently lol)

Kindergarten? That sounds like a compliment (after reading that last discussion that is lol ... I remember my first time being rude and interrupting a reunion among old friends) sigh... No respect these days ...

So thats how our forums die? With unchecked stupid comments runnin rampant...

But heck since I'm back on the boards and nothings going on , whats say we start a thread ? Get a little good and healthy star wars convo going ? Open forum style . From games , books, movies etc, and let's see where it goes... Maybe get some intelligent and meaningful discussion going on back here ... And take this reunion away from the prying eyes of people with nothing meaningful to add haha
SpongeTom

Posted: Mar 26, 2012 3:22 PM   in response to: Fantom Morphia in response to: Fantom Morphia
Fantom Morphia wrote:
( not will think that else rule this video without Cancel of 3D button of Voice )

http://zekenomical.com/st uff/cryptologists.jpg
Ness7281992

Posted: Mar 26, 2012 1:40 PM   in response to: Lea Nikkaya in response to: Lea Nikkaya
I'm lord of WTF...What do you mean I have hope?!

Said the nutcase to the doctor:
"WWWAAAZZZUUUPPP!!"
Lea Nikkaya

Posted: Mar 26, 2012 1:30 PM   in response to: Ness7281992 in response to: Ness7281992
Who the hell is this and why are you linking me random videos?

Are you using google translate? Because nothing you said makes sense.. Youtube has no Cancel nor a 3D option. Nor a 'cancel button of voice.' (And since it feels awfully like a troll: Rules. Read them before posting. Don't assume I care.)

Yea, I know. But some people are just more of a lost cause than others. I tend to only correct those for whom there is still hope. ;)
Ness7281992

Posted: Mar 26, 2012 1:23 PM   in response to: Fantom Morphia in response to: Fantom Morphia
Lea, I think I'm not the only one you need to lecture... :)

"WHEEEEEE!!"
Fantom Morphia

Posted: Mar 26, 2012 1:15 PM   in response to: lego fan in response to: lego fan
Lea Nikkaya , see this video , I hope you like this , but cancel 3D button of Voice
( not will think that else rule this video without Cancel of 3D button of Voice )
Master Blaster : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvuUPPj1T0I
Lea Nikkaya

Posted: Mar 26, 2012 11:25 AM   in response to: Ness7281992 in response to: Ness7281992
Proofs my point rather nicely, don't you say? The kids don't like the topic: They change it.

We didn't ask for your opinion.
This isn't your thread.
You are not a moderator.
You are not involved in this discussion.
We have both been here much, much longer.

Do not assume you have anything to say about, nor the right to cut off, our conversation.
Ness7281992

Posted: Mar 26, 2012 10:50 AM   in response to: Lea Nikkaya in response to: Lea Nikkaya

Okay, you two. I know it's cool that you two are reconnecting after all these years or whatever, but this is Randomness, not Reunion.

"WHEEEEEE!!"
Lea Nikkaya

Posted: Mar 26, 2012 8:19 AM   in response to: 37fc531af790fae... in response to: 37fc531af790fae...
Well I used to follow uni courses, but then internship positions became impossible to obtain and so i'm stuck at home for a year. No classes, no work (because they won't hire anyone who isn't free for at least 2 years.. So i'm just sort of freelancing right now. ), no interesting tv shows to follow, and no interesting game to play. BORED!

ADD is putting it nicely. Kindergarten sounds more accurate. :p

Mike quit quite a while ago. Char Ell and Jaybroni do pop up every now and then.
37fc531af790fae...

Posted: Mar 26, 2012 3:52 AM   in response to: Lea Nikkaya in response to: Lea Nikkaya
Ohh the timeZones! It hurts lol but ya I can understand that . It definitely seems like things are at ADD level rIght now ... Which is absurd ... But ya people are just getting upset cuz when we would have real convos you would slam them about that , but when you're talking nonsense it just seems like your insulting their intelligence cuz there's no structure of conversation to base things off of hahahaha . And I'm really surprised that I couldn't find ANYTHING on google ... Like they've got to be up to SOMETHING .. you know? I don't understand how they can't be working some big project .

Ahh the cantina ! The old days ... What a shame ... Do the mods even watch the boards anymore? Like is mastermike still around shutting down all the fun ? Jk haha

But ya that's not a surprise . I can't imagine hanging around here would keep you entertained . You're gonna have to branch out and try something new soon ... You can only kick a dead horse so long ..... And it pains me to say that about LA but it's true ........... I just want a good starwars game SO bad!!
Lea Nikkaya

Posted: Mar 26, 2012 2:18 AM   in response to: 37fc531af790fae... in response to: 37fc531af790fae...
Not really. Mostly when a conversation is about to get intelligent, they change the subject because they either can't keep up, don't care or feel insulted. Ah, the perils of the internet, I suppose. People can barely keep a topic going for more than a page before it's changed to something they find more interesting.

We're still utterly devoid of anything remotely like official announcements here. You'd think the 'loyal fanbase' would deserve better.. but no.

I miss the Cantina... We used to have such fun there. (and complain about timezones a lot :p)

I'm still as bored as I used to be. Nothing remotely interesting to do, both on the net and in real life. (which explains my postcount.)

Although I do want to thank you. For pointing out to everyone who hasn't been around as long as we have that I'm not just 'picking on them', I've always been like this :p
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums