Home » LucasArts Forums » Support » PC

Thread: Patch wont install and says something about old file not found

This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 15 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: Aug 11, 2012 3:45 PM Last Post By: Lea Nikkaya
Lea Nikkaya

Re: Patch wont install and says something about old file not found
Posted: Aug 11, 2012 3:43 PM   in response to: sassisa in response to: sassisa

Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this post Reply
You get an .ini missing error whilst trying to download the patch? Throug those sites or through the autopatcher? Because the autopatcher no longer works. (hasn't for nearly 5 years.) The LA-sites work fine, I just downloaded all of them to test.

Or do you mean when you try to install the patch?

Try the UK patch. I've heard other US users mention requiring the UK patch. In alphabetical order, so both A and B.

Also, the patch will only work on a clean install. If you've edited the .ini file (to enable cheats...) or added mods, you need to uninstall, delete all the folders and then reinstall the game. (In that order!)

If you're using a no-cd crack (I wouldn't blame you if you did), the patch won't work either. Put the original .exe back or reinstall.
sassisa

Posted: Aug 10, 2012 5:11 PM   in response to: Lea Nikkaya in response to: Lea Nikkaya

Thank you. When I try to download the patch I get an error, "missing INI" then "old file not found" Same as True_Lord was getting. I don't see the country name on the disks.
Lea Nikkaya

Posted: Aug 9, 2012 2:24 PM   in response to: sassisa in response to: sassisa

You can find the version by looking at the disks. It should be printed on there.

The US only gets 1.0b. http://www.lucasarts .com/support/update/kotor2.html

For the rest: http://www.lucasa rts.com/support/update/kotor2int.html

(Yes, Lucasarts has the patches. Oddly enough, nobody bothers to look there.)
sassisa

Posted: Aug 9, 2012 7:37 AM   in response to: sassisa in response to: sassisa

I just found a thread with the solution for my biggy issue. However I am still intersted in patching the game. Thank you.
sassisa

Posted: Aug 9, 2012 7:21 AM   in response to: True Lord_Of_Sa... in response to: True Lord_Of_Sa...

I was following right along with the same issue, but you lost me when you said you had the UK version. First question: how can I tell which version my game is? I bought it as a dual disc set from Walmart in Oregon (with both KotOR's in the box). Second question: The link that everyone seems to be linking us to only has the 1.0b update for US games. Where can I get the 1.0a? Third question: Will this patch even help my issue? In the secret academy in Telos, my companions are not locked up but standing in front of the locked turbolift and therefore cannot be released from holding cells and therefore the game cannot move forward. When I click on either companion I get a "cheat node" option screen. One option is to jump to confrontation with Jedi Lady (Name slips my mind currently) and the second is to continue with Kreia converstation, but that was never started because they never went to the holding cells. Very frustrating. My 12 year old is playing too and I don't want to reinstall the game. I have no mods or cheats. Thank you for your time!

Edited for spelling by: sassisa on Aug 9, 2012 7:21 AM
True Lord_Of_Sa...

Posted: Oct 11, 2011 7:34 AM   in response to: Lea Nikkaya in response to: Lea Nikkaya

thanks so much for your help! i just told the guy who sold me the game that it UK not US and would you belive it the first thing he said was "ohh i guess thats why the patch wouldent install for me." XD lol
Lea Nikkaya

Posted: Oct 11, 2011 4:44 AM   in response to: True Lord_Of_Sa... in response to: True Lord_Of_Sa...

oops, eh :p

Well, i'm glad it works now :)
True Lord_Of_Sa...

Posted: Oct 10, 2011 4:58 PM   in response to: True Lord_Of_Sa... in response to: True Lord_Of_Sa...

dude i'm so sorry i just relized that i have a UK game /facepalm :O
so i downloded the uk update and guess what! it worked thanks for the help
True Lord_Of_Sa...

Posted: Oct 10, 2011 12:15 PM   in response to: Lea Nikkaya in response to: Lea Nikkaya

My game dident come with a CD key so the steam thing wont work :(

i was using the US only patch and it looks like that is only the 1.0b should i use the international patch insted?
Lea Nikkaya

Posted: Oct 10, 2011 10:47 AM   in response to: True Lord_Of_Sa... in response to: True Lord_Of_Sa...
Helpful
The autopatcher downloads the updates from ubisoft's server, where the updates no longer exist.

Hm, have you installed the 1.0a first? or gone straight to 1.0b? Because directly to 1.0b doesn't always work

Some poeple have fixed it by adding the game to the steam library, uninstallign the game and then installing it through steam. (If you have the CD key for the game you should be able to add it to
Steam by going to "games" then "activate a product on Steam")
True Lord_Of_Sa...

Posted: Oct 10, 2011 7:15 AM   in response to: Lea Nikkaya in response to: Lea Nikkaya

i'm useing a cd and i dont have any mods installed and no cheats. dose it matter if i have a save game file?
i was trying the auto update and i saw that it said "Your game version is: 2.00.420 English"
do you think that has anything to do with it?
Lea Nikkaya

Posted: Oct 10, 2011 3:07 AM   in response to: True Lord_Of_Sa... in response to: True Lord_Of_Sa...

Alright.

If you have any mods installed, use a no-cd and/or have cheats enabled, you're going to have to do a hard uninstall/reinstall.(meaning uninstall and manually delete all the files, and then reinstall). if its just a no-cd, deleting the .exe and putting the old one back in place will suffice. The update only works on a clean version of the game.
True Lord_Of_Sa...

Posted: Oct 9, 2011 8:46 PM   in response to: True Lord_Of_Sa... in response to: True Lord_Of_Sa...

oops forgot to mention that i'm useing the us patch

:p
True Lord_Of_Sa...

Posted: Oct 9, 2011 7:57 PM   in response to: True Lord_Of_Sa... in response to: True Lord_Of_Sa...

no thats not it i'm sure i have the right update. i live in the us and am useing a usa copy of the game
Lea Nikkaya

Posted: Oct 9, 2011 8:02 AM   in response to: True Lord_Of_Sa... in response to: True Lord_Of_Sa...
Correct
I suspect you downloaded the wrong update. There's a US version and an International one.

Scroll down to the end (delete the space if the link doesn't work): http://www.lucasarts .com/support/update/kotor2.html
True Lord_Of_Sa...

Patch wont install and says something about old file not found
Posted: Oct 8, 2011 5:44 PM

help please someone i'm trying to get the patch for my game but it wont work.
First i try'd the auto update thing that comes with the game but it said that it couldent connect with the net work try manual patch. so i went to the updates page a lucasarts.com and downloded the patch there but when i ran it it said "old file not found but file with same name found no update done since file contence is not the same" i'm useing a windows7 iand i can get the game to run but it keps gliching and i'm hopeing the the update will fix at least some of it.

i've try restarting my PC and i've look for this "file with same name but diffrent stuff" but i came up with nadda

P.S. i'm sorry if this got answered some where else i coulent find it tho so if it did can you link it to me please?
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums