Home » LucasArts Forums » Discussion » Discussion

Thread: Star Wars Battlefront III Speculation [TDE]

Permlink Replies: 12,238 - Pages: 612 [ Previous | 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 612 | Next ] - Last Post: Dec 17, 2013 9:54 AM Last Post By: vadersdemise
Red7 Standing By

Re: Star Wars Battlefront III Speculation [TDE]
Posted: Oct 10, 2011 10:29 AM   in response to: seven324 in response to: seven324
    Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this post Reply
I wouldn't say it couldn't happen. And Star Trek is kinda big again after the movie so I could see two game being made (it doesn't mean they will be released on same day or anything) And the third person thing doesn't mean anything. But the non organics makes sense for SW so we'll just have to see. I still think it is fishy for Lucasarts to out source a big game like that. But hopefully they are busy making quality games in house now

Lock S-foils
seven324

Posted: Oct 10, 2011 2:53 AM   in response to: MadMonkey2000 in response to: MadMonkey2000
It is NOT going to be a Star Trek game. Revealing the name of the publisher would not reveal the game, like them saying LucasArts would.

There are no previous Star trek 3rd person games. I don't think Star trek does has Non-organic characters either (Borg do not count)

Another star-trek game is being made already, they would not make two at once.

The ONLY game it can be is Star-Wars.
das337

Posted: Oct 9, 2011 12:27 PM   in response to: a98d1a2e12c4a60... in response to: a98d1a2e12c4a60...
I have seen a few of these floating around the internet, they make me sad...

http://imgur.com/r/gaming/5DPwe
MadMonkey2000

Posted: Oct 8, 2011 11:52 PM   in response to: vadersdmise_93 in response to: vadersdmise_93
The only other thing that gives evidence towards it being a Star Trek game, or rather an Activision game, is that they said they're publisher is busy with another game right now. Activision is busy promoting Modern Warfare 3 to the max right now, so that's just another thing that points to Activision.

But it also points to Lucas Arts and The Old Republic. Honestly, not to hate on the Star Trek fans, but the big deciding factor for me is that it's supposedly a sequel to a relaly popular game. Elite Force wasn't nearly as popular as Battlefront, so I dunno.

At the same time, if they're making THAT Star Trek game that's supposed to be coming out soon, the one they showed at E3, why would they be making another one?

Edited by: MadMonkey2000 on Oct 8, 2011 11:52 PM
vadersdmise_93

Posted: Oct 8, 2011 2:33 PM   in response to: Red7 Standing By in response to: Red7 Standing By
Yea can't rule out the Star Trek game. After all, the new Star Trek game went 3rd person as well. Why can't this?

Proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=gbh4g3qJ3vk

"Do or do not, there is no try."
- My Jedi Master, Yoda

"Look, I have your fodder!"
-Revan to Komad Fortuna
Red7 Standing By

Posted: Oct 8, 2011 10:50 AM   in response to: MadMonkey2000 in response to: MadMonkey2000
When asked about STEF3 they did say "Ask Activision" so its basically the same thing as their "Ask Lucasarts" response. I hope I'm wrong but it does match up with Star Trek too I think. High profile Science Fiction, highly anticipated (apparently the franchise is fairly popular) My only concern is that Lucasarts has had bad experiences with outsourcing games to other developers (they've canceled 4-5 projects in last 5 years) so you never know. I know if I was prez of LA, no way would I out source my
most successful franchise.
Lock S-foils
MadMonkey2000

Posted: Oct 6, 2011 10:28 PM   in response to: Red7 Standing By in response to: Red7 Standing By
Red7 Standing By wrote:
Im worried about this Star Trek game now. Apparently Star Trek Elite Force 3 is gaining a lot of ground and a question about it is even on the front page of Spark. The description of their title would make sense for this game too unfortunately

Lock S-foils

I have a bad feeling that the game they are working on is a Star Trek game.

Edited by: Red7 Standing By on Oct 7, 2011 12:27 AM

Let's think about this:

1. Lucasarts announces they've made a deal to use the unreal engine or cry engine or whatever it was, and a day or two later Spark suddenly has the green light to use it as well in their job descriptions

2. The whole gamespy thing, what other high-profile 3rd person sci-fi shooter etc. uses gamespy for the online stuff? Does a star trek game? (Correct me here or inform me if one does)

3. Their job descriptions match up with Lucasarts' job descriptions

4. The fact that they say "No" when people ask if they're developing a different game, but when asked about BF3 they say "You'll have to ask Lucas Arts" and I think they even redirected someone's question which had nothing to do with BF3 to LucasArts. Weird.

5. Star Trek Elite Force was an FPS game, not a TPS game like Spark is supposedly making. And it wasn't "popular" either, only among Star Trek fans really. Battlefront 3 was hugely popular across the entire gaming spectrum. I know guys that hate Star Wars that loved those games.

Edited by: MadMonkey2000 on Oct 6, 2011 10:34 PM
Red7 Standing By

Posted: Oct 6, 2011 9:25 PM   in response to: vadersdmise_93 in response to: vadersdmise_93
Im worried about this Star Trek game now. Apparently Star Trek Elite Force 3 is gaining a lot of ground and a question about it is even on the front page of Spark. The description of their title would make sense for this game too unfortunately

Lock S-foils

I have a bad feeling that the game they are working on is a Star Trek game.

Edited by: Red7 Standing By on Oct 7, 2011 12:27 AM

vadersdmise_93

Posted: Oct 6, 2011 6:06 AM   in response to: Im_So_Pringles in response to: Im_So_Pringles
We are in full production after having completed concept and pre-production phases.

Seems like Spark Unlimited is still in the early stages of the game (I got that from their twitter).

Also, R.I.P. Steve Jobs. :(

- My Jedi Master, Yoda

-Revan to Komad Fortuna
Im_So_Pringles

Posted: Oct 4, 2011 8:25 PM   in response to: vadersdmise_93 in response to: vadersdmise_93
vadersdmise_93 wrote:
Char Ell wrote:
vadersdmise_93 wrote:
http://ps3.ign.com/articl es/119/1197848p1.html

If Lucasarts approves the ports of all the PS2 Star Wars games then there may be hope for BF3 yet.

o_O Am I missing something? I don't see the connection between LucasArts' approving any games they've previously released for distribution via PSN (have they even done this?) and the potential development of SWBF 3.

But Sony must first get LA's approval before releasing the PS2 games on PSN, no? So if LA sees that people are buying BF1/2 on PS2 then that may make them want to release a sequel. That's what I was getting at lol.

- My Jedi Master, Yoda

-Revan to Komad Fortuna

Lucasarts are well aware that people want another console Battlefront game. Give them time. It's not a matter of "if," it's a matter of "when."
vadersdmise_93

Posted: Oct 4, 2011 5:52 PM   in response to: Char Ell in response to: Char Ell
Char Ell wrote:
vadersdmise_93 wrote:

If Lucasarts approves the ports of all the PS2 Star Wars games then there may be hope for BF3 yet.

o_O Am I missing something? I don't see the connection between LucasArts' approving any games they've previously released for distribution via PSN (have they even done this?) and the potential development of SWBF 3.

But Sony must first get LA's approval before releasing the PS2 games on PSN, no? So if LA sees that people are buying BF1/2 on PS2 then that may make them want to release a sequel. That's what I was getting at lol.

- My Jedi Master, Yoda

-Revan to Komad Fortuna
yoda1233211

Posted: Oct 4, 2011 4:18 PM   in response to: a98d1a2e12c4a60... in response to: a98d1a2e12c4a60...
does anyone know what happened to doug koelster or whatever his name was he totally dissapered from twitter at least to non members maybe it is because of that comment he made about the battlefront 3 commercial
Char Ell

Posted: Oct 4, 2011 7:19 AM   in response to: vadersdmise_93 in response to: vadersdmise_93
vadersdmise_93 wrote:

Vaderquake,
What one person views as reasonable SWBF 3 speculation another person views as wild and irresponsible. When I see what in my opinion is unreasonable speculation in this thread then I will often times post why I view it that way and leave others to decide.
JoeC

Posted: Oct 3, 2011 4:55 PM   in response to: a98d1a2e12c4a60... in response to: a98d1a2e12c4a60...
If they ever released this, I doubt we will see an announcement in 2011. E3 2012 and San Diego Comic-con 2012 we be the game announcement. They will take two years to complete it, for a November or December, 2014 release. The days of seeing 2-3 star wars video games released is over unfortenately. It seems it takes 3-4 years for star wars video games to get released.
vadersdmise_93

Posted: Oct 3, 2011 4:43 PM   in response to: ThrakGorshun93 in response to: ThrakGorshun93

- My Jedi Master, Yoda

-Revan to Komad Fortuna
ThrakGorshun93

Posted: Oct 3, 2011 2:37 PM   in response to: sacoach in response to: sacoach
sacoach wrote:
LA, maybe we should look at from a different point of view.

Since the leaked footage of F.R. BF3, I haven't bought:

Elite Squadron
Republic Heroes
Lego Clone Wars
That other kiddie Clone Wars game you released that I don't remember the name of and could care less about.
I waited until TFU2 dropped to 19.99 before I bought it
I won't be buying TOR
And probably won't buy Kinect right away until the price drops on it too.

But we are willing to pay for BF3 and pay full price as soon as it hits store shelves!

If you want our money, you know what to do..... I think. You do know what to do right?

I consider myself a hardcore LA games fan and even I didn't buy any of those game you listed either because of lack of interest or better judgment. None can really be taken seriously, save TOR, and it's quite unfortunate they seem to be leaving us longtime fans behind for a younger and seemingly more profitable audience. I'm feeling like LA just wants us to go away. Strangely, I still have hope. I think I watched Ep. IV to much as a kid. lol

Edited by: ThrakGorshun93 on Oct 3, 2011 2:38 PM
sacoach

Posted: Oct 3, 2011 11:43 AM   in response to: jeffman1 in response to: jeffman1
I'm all for the Kinect game and kiddie Clone Wars games, PSP exclusives, and MMORPGs, and anything else they want to make. Make it all and cater to all your customers.

In the process, can you not forget about us, ignore us, and brush us aside? We're fans with money too.

I wonder how long this thread will be before they actually say something about BF3.

Or is it better business practice to keep ignoring us? Yeah I'm sure thats it. Must be a better business model to ignore your customers. All companies should try it.
jeffman1

Posted: Oct 3, 2011 9:00 AM   in response to: Vaderquake in response to: Vaderquake
games like starwars kinect have short life spans because someone will beat the game fast and trade it for another game. Its good for parties though. But with the mass amount of serious gamers on the xbox 360 i doubt it will go over well with them. Kinect is being used mostly on computers for scientific research/school enhancements if you actually programmed using the offical sdk or did google reasearch you would know that and thats the only reason its still selling good on the market. But starwars battlefront III will endure if it has three things and the rest brought from battlefront II (if you have your battlefront III wishlist post below):
1. map editor w/ai placement for all consoles wheter released as an add-on or with game it doesnt matter to me.
2. Better updated graphics
3. AI improvements

Anyone with anymore ideas. I think that lucasarts should post a suggested but not approximate time to release date of starwars battlefront III and put a counter to it with no publisher or anything put on it until closer to actual said release date just title it starwars battlefront III with counter nothing else. Thats all we ask is for closure so this madness ends. I mean a counters date can be modified by saying TBA or expected date: date here.

Edited by: jeffman1 on Oct 3, 2011 12:01 PM

Edited by: jeffman1 on Oct 3, 2011 12:02 PM

Vaderquake

Posted: Oct 2, 2011 8:45 PM   in response to: ramen45 in response to: ramen45
actually its not, just because you dont like the game doesnt mean others dont like it either. i cant wait for that game and neither can my friends. its gonna be the best kinect game out there
ramen45

Posted: Oct 2, 2011 8:20 PM   in response to: Vaderquake in response to: Vaderquake
Crumble sales, for STAR WARS KINECT? Please that game was doomed from the start!!!
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums