Home » LucasArts Forums » Discussion » Discussion

Thread: Star Wars Battlefront III Speculation [TDE]

Permlink Replies: 12,238 - Pages: 612 [ Previous | 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 612 | Next ] - Last Post: Dec 17, 2013 9:54 AM Last Post By: vadersdemise
484fb90d81f9fa8...

Re: Star Wars Battlefront III Speculation [TDE]
Posted: Jun 2, 2011 7:15 PM   in response to: a98d1a2e12c4a60... in response to: a98d1a2e12c4a60...
    Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this post Reply
So I havn't posted on here in fooorever, but I've been looking on here almost every day. I've heard all about the whole Spark Unlimited thing, and I am completely convinced that they are making our beloved Star Wars Battlefront 3. To see for myself, I went on Spark's website and found something interesting. Under the Senior Environment Artist job in the list for the unannounced game, I found an interesting tid bit. It said this, "This person will be responsible for creating levels with a team of artists. This artist will oversee their level production and work on key hero meshes." While I don't really know a lot about game development so this could be anything, but when I read this I first thought of the heros in SWBF2.

There were also other things that I believe have already been stated, but I'll restate them anyways. Under the Senior Character Artist job listing it said this, "As an experienced senior character artist, you will work together with the character and animation groups to create the best looking creature, human and non-organic character models to life."

Those are really the only kinda new things I found. That, and they mention they want game coding that could be usable on multiple titles.

Here's hoping ;)

The funniest thing
About this comment is that
By the time you realize it doesn't say anything
It's to late to stop reading it ]:)
MadMonkey2000

Posted: Jun 2, 2011 6:10 PM   in response to: vadersdmise_93 in response to: vadersdmise_93
vadersdmise_93 wrote:
http://games.ign.com/ar ticles/117/1172302p1.html

The plans for E3 :/

"Do or do not, there is no try."
- My Jedi Master, Yoda

"Look, I have your fodder!"
-Revan to Komad Fortuna

Quite the amount of "super secret" games there, including 3 "super secret sequels". I wouldn't be surprised if none of them are BF3, I'll be more surprised if it isn't Spark that's making it and that countdown clock to comic-on isn't the countdown to the reveal of battlefront 3.

Edited by: MadMonkey2000 on Jun 2, 2011 6:15 PM

vadersdmise_93

Posted: Jun 2, 2011 5:48 PM   in response to: das337 in response to: das337
http://games.ign.com/ar ticles/117/1172302p1.html

The plans for E3 :/

- My Jedi Master, Yoda

-Revan to Komad Fortuna

das337

Posted: Jun 2, 2011 12:22 PM   in response to: a98d1a2e12c4a60... in response to: a98d1a2e12c4a60...
It's been a while since I posted here, but I have been following this thread dilligently none the less.

I, like most everybody else here, believe that Spark is developing our beloved BF3 and that we will get an announcement some time this year. What we have to keep in mind though is that Spark was not the first company to work on this game. Free Radical was very close to release when they went under and Rebellion lost their funding and released an insultingly lousy PSP port. I can only hope that some freak disaster doesn't befall Spark in the months until announcement. Despite my love of BF3 I must admit that the game seems cursed. I pray that Spark does not suffer the effects of this curse, for it seems that that would be the only thing that would prevent BF3's release.
Redline 2

Posted: Jun 2, 2011 10:24 AM   in response to: MadMonkey2000 in response to: MadMonkey2000
I WANT SW-BF3 FIRST :3

Anyway you are right dude star wars kinect and tor are already known so think at this Lucas Arts with no new Star wars game for this year? Very unlikely!

If you don't believe me then it's your problem. :P

ht tp://www.youtube.com/user/TheSWBF3?feature=mhee#p/a/u/0/-T4Exf5EaE0
MadMonkey2000

Posted: Jun 2, 2011 10:12 AM   in response to: Im_So_Pringles in response to: Im_So_Pringles
Hmmm. The only logical thing for them to do is follow up that statement with some announcements for some great games, no? Honestly I can't see him saying that without having something special in the bag. Sure they have TOR and Star Wars Kinect, but we already know about those. If he was talking about those games, he would've mentioned them. I think we're in for a treat this year guys, FINALLY.

That statement, plus all of the buzz around Spark just seems to be adding up way too neatly. I honestly think there's a good chance we'll hear something about Battlefront 3 this year. If not battlefront, some other great Star Wars game. I just have a feeling Lucas Arts isn't as lame as most of us think, and they know we want Battlefront real bad. Many gamers do.
Im_So_Pringles

Posted: Jun 2, 2011 9:24 AM   in response to: metallicorphan76 in response to: metallicorphan76
Whenever I click on your link, it sends me to the homepage. I really want to read this article, but I can't find it!

EDIT: Nevermind! Found it! Here's a better link: http://tinyurl.com/3t4xb3s

Edited by: Im_So_Pringles on Jun 2, 2011 9:24 AM
metallicorphan76

Posted: Jun 2, 2011 4:12 AM   in response to: metallicorphan76 in response to: metallicorphan76
here is a bone for you

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-06-02-lucasarts-prom ises-to-make-better-games

LucasArts promises to make better games,

LucasArts plans to return with a bang with better games.

"Our priority is to create authentic, immersive, high quality Star Wars games."

"In recent years, LucasArts hasn't always done a good job of making games. We should be >making games that define our medium, that are competitive with the best of our industry, but we're >not. That has to change.

finally someone in LA has stepped up,hopefully it wont all be empty words

metallicorphan76

Posted: Jun 1, 2011 8:09 PM   in response to: Snipe N21 in response to: Snipe N21
the cantina was dead when i went in on HOME,they should of put some NPCs behind the bar or something,didn't look right when i went in there

Snipe N21 wrote:
can anyone throw us a bone,we would greatly appreciate it.Thank you.

TBH,we have all been waiting years for this...a few more months and hopefully everything will be out,and if this game does not get announced when Spark Unlimited announce their new game(hopefully at Comic-Con),then i will pretty much be 100% convinced the game wont happen

thinking it over,we have had Free Radical,who we knew WAS doing the game but had to give the game back to LA and then they shut down,and since then we have had a lot of rumours, from Pandemic(now shut down),Rebellion(i guess that turned out to be NeverDead),Slant Six(it turned out to be Resident Evil operation Raccoon City)...have i missed any?,i think they were at least the serious contenders/rumours that unfortunately each one turned out to be false

...and i think the only one left is Spark Unlimited

hopefully we will find out in:
48days,19hrs,51minutes and 10seconds

Snipe N21

Posted: Jun 1, 2011 7:34 PM   in response to: robpolman in response to: robpolman
can anyone throw us a bone,we would greatly appreciate it.Thank you.

Edited by: Snipe N21 on Jun 1, 2011 7:37 PM
ShadowAura97

Posted: Jun 1, 2011 11:51 AM   in response to: vadersdmise_93 in response to: vadersdmise_93
vadersdmise_93 wrote:
Lord_A wrote:
Found a video on the Russian forum, interested in your opinion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=KYUkKDrWJyw

http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=tq_Tj5i7reI

That actually is not a Star Wars game. That is the Cantina in PSN Home. That is the closed off area.

- My Jedi Master, Yoda

-Revan to Komad Fortuna

That is true, I go on PS Home all the time and go to that room.

vadersdmise_93

Posted: Jun 1, 2011 10:45 AM   in response to: Lord_A in response to: Lord_A
Lord_A wrote:

That actually is not a Star Wars game. That is the Cantina in PSN Home. That is the closed off area.

- My Jedi Master, Yoda

-Revan to Komad Fortuna
robpolman

Posted: Jun 1, 2011 10:16 AM   in response to: Red7 Standing By in response to: Red7 Standing By
Most likely leaked footage from Star Wars Kinect. Doesnt seem to be BF3 and to be honest, I think its crap:p
FMJ|G_M

Posted: Jun 1, 2011 9:17 AM   in response to: Redline 2 in response to: Redline 2
The Videos more look Like a TGech Demo

Ps: hi Rene XD
Redline 2

Posted: Jun 1, 2011 6:56 AM   in response to: Bacara789 in response to: Bacara789
Interesting :3 6 Days until E3 2011

Bacara789

Posted: Jun 1, 2011 6:32 AM   in response to: Lord_A in response to: Lord_A
those 2 videos are quite interesting, fingers crossed :D
Lord_A

Posted: Jun 1, 2011 12:38 AM   in response to: a98d1a2e12c4a60... in response to: a98d1a2e12c4a60...

Im_So_Pringles

Posted: May 31, 2011 8:08 PM   in response to: Redline 2 in response to: Redline 2
Yep, when it comes to creating a good game, all it really boils down to are the ideas. With a series like Star Wars Battlefront, the ideas are already there (and these ideas automatically make a great game, as shown by BF I and II) all Spark has to do is execute.

Of course, they still have to make the gameplay solid, and make everything run smoothly (as in no bugs, internet play is smooth, etc. etc.) but largely the work has already been done. They aren't concepting on how to make the game unique, they aren't creating story or new characters (maybe), they aren't mulling over weapons and vehicles, they are just recreating concepts that are already there.

Of course, they may be creating new stuff, but with a game like this, basically all of the idea work has already been done.

With this being said, I am basically sure Spark will do a great job with the game. If they don't, the modding community will make it better. (Unreal Engine 3 is highly mod-able)

Here's to hoping!!! Who's with me!?
Redline 2

Posted: May 31, 2011 2:23 PM   in response to: ShadowAura97 in response to: ShadowAura97
We still don't know who their publisher is or if they are developing Sw-bf3.
I hope Sparks publisher will say go for announcement soon.
Today I've talked to John again and there is still no doubt he tries to hide something in front of us. I know he would like to tell me something but they are in a contract with their publisher so they can't tell us anything until their publisher say go.
Oh, I have a feeling this year the waiting is going have an end.

ShadowAura97

Posted: May 31, 2011 2:10 PM   in response to: robpolman in response to: robpolman
robpolman wrote:
Spark Unlimited has seen a remarkable growth in the past months: http://www.li nkedin.com/company/spark-unlimited/statistics

Although I was very skeptical about Spark being able to develop a game like Battlefront 3, I think they could do great. Yes, Legendary and Turning Point werent good games, but afterall its not a company that make good games, but the people working there. I think with the recent growth they gathered some great industry-talents which is why Battlefront 3 could be great.

Edited by: robpolman on May 31, 2011 12:59 PM

I agree. Their last two games were not that good, but they also didn't have the man power and their publisher sucked. But now they have a great publisher, they're using a great engine, they have tons more people. Therefore I think they can make a good game. Their last two games were good ideas, yet the exacution of the games was not as good as the ideas.

Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums