Home » LucasArts Forums » Discussion » Discussion

Thread: Starkiller/Galen is a clone?!? [TDE]

Permlink Replies: 278 - Pages: 14 [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14 | Next ] - Last Post: Aug 7, 2012 11:17 AM Last Post By: DeathSAMKILLER1...
Sypheran

Re: Starkiller/Galen is a clone?!? [TDE]
Posted: Sep 26, 2011 10:17 PM   in response to: Sypheran in response to: Sypheran
    Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this post Reply
apologize for the double post but for some strange reason the forum won't let me edit my post again...

Anyway, other examples of Cloned Jedi are Joruus C'baoth (cloned from Jorus C'baoth), Dookuu (cloned from Count Dooku) and Luuke Skywalker (cloned from, you guessed it, Luke Skywalker) from the EU.

With Luuke being created to full adulthood in only a months time (so those saying that there wasn't enough time between FU and FU2 for a clone to become the age of Starkiller are wrong, it only takes a month to have a clone fully aged).

Luuke also was stated at being as proficient with the force and the lightsaber as the original Luke himself, almost defeating the original in combat if it wasn't for being attacked in the back by Mara Jade. (so those saying that a clone wouldn't be as powerful or as skilled as Starkiller are also wrong, clones keep all the same attributes as the original)

The only problem that comes with being a Jedi clone is that they usually go to the dark side and eventually mad, as with Joruus C'baoth, Luuke Skywalker, Dookuu, X2, and the Palpatine clones. The only Jedi clone not to go mad or to the dark side has been X1... Even the clone in FU2 seemed to be going a little mad himself...
Sypheran

Posted: Sep 26, 2011 3:43 PM   in response to: JediScotty20 in response to: JediScotty20
Jedi can be cloned, it has happened a few times now in the EU. Palpatine has cloned himself numerous times, then there was X1 and X2 from Battlefront: Elite Squadron. There is no reason Starkiller CAN'T be a clone. And if the Evil Clone is canon (pretty sure he is because not only was he in one of the endings, but all the challenge video's are about him too...) then that only strengthens the reasoning that it's a clone you play as in FU2.

The only reason that Kota said that a Jedi can't be cloned is because neither the Palpatine clones or the X1/X2 clones are known about. The Jedi that had been used to create the X1 and X2 clones didn't even find out about them until during the Purge, so it's not likely that any other Jedi would've known about them. So Kota said what he thought was true, but it doesn't mean it was true.

Now, what makes these two clones so special when compared to all the other clones that were failures? I would like to see FU3 reveal that the force spirit of the original Starkiller is within both of them... His Light Side within the Good Clone while his Dark Side is within the Evil Clone. And that through some cheesy method, once the two realize it and stop fighting (in FU3) they will join and become one... Bringing the true Galen Marek (I'd also like to see the him discover his real name and use it in the third game...) back from the dead...

Edited by: Sypheran on Sep 26, 2011 3:43 PM
Darth Nexus I

Posted: Sep 20, 2011 4:12 PM   in response to: micksith in response to: micksith
If you read the Force Unleashed II novel by Sean Williams, it gives a perfectly plausible explanation for the FTU II's story. In my opinion, which if I may say is seasoned in many Star Wars areas, Vader cloned Starkiller's body to give him a second chance at taking down the Empire's enemies. Galen Marek's spirit somehow found its way into one of these cloned bodies at an early stage, very similar to how the Emperor eluded death for a number of years in young clones of himself. Vader realized very early on that Galen was back from the dead, and feared (Vader, actually afraid of something? wow!) what he might do if he discovered who he was. Your thoughts on Juno have a great deal of believeability to them, except if you read the Republic Commando novels, clones of anyone, anyone, feel different in the Force than the original. General Kota's observation supports this. Starkiller would likely sense that something was very off about Juno if she were a clone.
Justin687

Posted: Jul 5, 2011 8:35 AM   in response to: JediScotty20 in response to: JediScotty20
the game is not the same without the original starkiller. lucasarts took the game in the wrong direction. tfu3 has to fix everything...
Justin687

Posted: Jul 5, 2011 8:21 AM   in response to: micksith in response to: micksith
Im thinkin that juno it NOT a clone but instead she is working for Vader. In the end of tfu2 vader ends by sayin "as long as she lives, i will always have control over you" this could mean that juno will be his ultimate downfall or she is working for vader.
Justin687

Posted: Jul 5, 2011 8:18 AM   in response to: JediScotty20 in response to: JediScotty20
i think they did this for a reason. maybe they left everything wide open so people would buy tfu3 to find out all the answers. we will mostlikely uncover all the secrets of starkiller and if he is a clone or not. also when he "died" in tfu1 its possible that vader preserved his soul for a new body. there should be a video in the next game about what happens after starkiller dies in tfu1.
Justin687

Posted: Jul 5, 2011 8:01 AM   in response to: $parrow in response to: $parrow
True, maybe thats why they made it so short...
$parrow

Posted: May 21, 2011 2:29 AM   in response to: JediScotty20 in response to: JediScotty20
i've checked the datebase, and entry 50(aberrant clones) says, that there is one clone might be successful copy of the original host, and entry 51(dark apprentice) reveal they've finally managed to make a perfect clone. all the others were failure.
there's no reference to Starkiller, why?
$parrow

Posted: May 5, 2011 10:57 AM   in response to: JediScotty20 in response to: JediScotty20
"Only he can tell you if Starkiller really survived"
i think it wasn't decided if he's a clone or not. maybe they wanted to see the reaction of the audiance first
Rich1985

Posted: Apr 30, 2011 8:17 AM   in response to: Songinra Marek in response to: Songinra Marek
Since the game itself offers no explaination I guess we have to look at the other EU stories for some info: you can't clone Jedi because they go insane. The crappy end boss seems to throw a lot of crazy tank grown guys at you, which supports this. Since there's no evidence to the contrary, this is pretty much the only way to see that it's still the original Galen we are playing as. Darth Vader is a liar as usual. The flashbacks and and other laboratory stuff have to be just getting your near dead body grown back or something like that. Bad storytelling is bad.
grpeephole303

Posted: Apr 25, 2011 11:14 PM   in response to: JediScotty20 in response to: JediScotty20
The original Starkiller only survived half the first game IMO

the second half of the game he was a clone (my support is one of his flashbacks before facing Vader is being on the Operating table waking up)

and watch distant thunder the Starkiller they cloned was not wearing the hero who deafeated the Emperors clothing. instead he was wearing the training gear. i doubt vader would strip him naked and put clothing on him.... however vader migth kill a unsuccesful clone and put clothing on him

Edited by: grpeephole303 on Apr 25, 2011 11:15 PM
CrazyDiamond96

Posted: Feb 12, 2011 8:15 PM   in response to: SW_Drewton in response to: SW_Drewton
SW_Drewton wrote:
Staarkiller has Starkiller's memories and only Starkiller's memories. He hasn't actually have Starkiller's "experiences", if you know what I mean, he doesn't feel like he's experienced any of those memories.
Sorry, I didn't actually address your post. So what you are saying is that Starkiller knows in the back of his mind that he's a clone as well? That he trusts his feelings more than his memories?

May the force be with you... Always.
CrazyDiamond96

Posted: Feb 12, 2011 2:29 PM   in response to: SW_Drewton in response to: SW_Drewton
Well, memories are the only real personal proof that we have had any experiences at all. There is no way of double checking if your experiences actually happened. The problem is if you have reason to doubt your memories, do you accept or reject them?

For now, lets look at Starkiller as a soul (the collective conscious and memories of one persons experiences in a metaphysical form) without the body regardless if it has been cloned or not. Vader is trying to convince Starkiller's soul that he is a clone. That his memories are all created in the lab to try and perfect a force sensitive subject. So if Vader wouldn't have said anything to him, would Starkiller still become the Starkiller he once was without knowing the difference?
I think yes. It's the questioning of your reality that can send you into insanity. Vader is counting on this as a way to weed out any "imperfect" clones. The Starkiller we follow in TFUII is flirting with uncertainty. He can choose to accept his feelings for Juno as real, or he can get caught up debating with himself whether he's a clone or not. This is echoed in the vision at the cave of evil. He accepts this when he leaves Degobah, and the fact that Starkiller replies to Vader "They are real to me!" shows that Starkiller has accepted his feelings and memories of Juno as real. The soul of Starkiller is alive again.

I hope this made sense.

SW_Drewton

Posted: Feb 12, 2011 12:22 PM   in response to: JediScotty20 in response to: JediScotty20
Staarkiller has Starkiller's memories and only Starkiller's memories. He hasn't actually have Starkiller's "experiences", if you know what I mean, he doesn't feel like he's experienced any of those memories.

It's interesting to note that Vader says, very knowlingly, "Your feelings for her are not real." I got the impression that Staarkiller was going insane and had the vague feeling that there's something important to him about Juno. But it's Starkiller's feelings that he remembers. Just my opinion.

Star Wars going downhill: Return of the Jedi>Prequel Trilogy>The Force Unleashed>The Clone Wars>The Force Unleashed II

"We have to give everything, even if that means our lives. We will stop at nothing. We will fight for the lost." Mass Effect 2 GOTY FTW

"We're at war. No one wants to admit it but humanity is under attack. One very specific man may be all that stands between humanity and the greatest threat of our brief existance." - The Illusive Man
CrazyDiamond96

Posted: Feb 6, 2011 2:51 PM   in response to: Mert-K in response to: Mert-K

But why the hell is it a big deal if someone is a clone or not. Serious question, here!

Edited by: Mert-K on Feb 6, 2011 4:58 AM

It is a serious question. And that's one of the bigger themes in the 2nd game. Has Starkiller just moved his psyche into another body? Or was it maybe by the will of the force? Or is he just a bag of bones with false memories? Is he just a tool for Vader to utilize?

Personally, it doesn't, and shouldn't matter if he is a clone or not. If you were to wake up tomorrow with all of your memories but in a distinctly different body, you would know you're still you regardless of what you looked like, right? Same goes for Starkiller. But Vader tries to manipulate this truth by telling him that his memories aren't real. Thus, we arrive at the conflict in TFU2.

But as for the plot alone, I feel that his original body was dead at the end of TFU and his 2 distinct personalities (light/dark) are born again in TFU2 as the 2 "perfected" clones (conflicting personalities) of Starkiller. I feel that LucasArts included the distant thunder to show us the dark clones perspective in relation to the story. So, I'm convinced that its canon, but we wont know for sure until the 3rd game comes out.

Jedi_Master_Mit...

Posted: Feb 6, 2011 8:48 AM   in response to: JediScotty20 in response to: JediScotty20
^Well for starters we don't really know if the Distant Thunder comic is only canon with the dark side ending(non-canon) or the light side ending(canon). Even if it is canon, it doesn't prove much, Vader lies all the time and would do anything to get a clone to work.
Mert-K

Posted: Feb 6, 2011 4:55 AM   in response to: Songinra Marek in response to: Songinra Marek
"If Starkiller/Galen is a clone I am going to be so p***ed off."- Songinra Marek

Then be pissed off, because i saw in a video of TFU 2 that the dark clone of SK and Darth Vader were looking at the original dead body of Galen Marek.

But why the hell is it a big deal if someone is a clone or not. Serious question, here!

Edited by: Mert-K on Feb 6, 2011 4:58 AM
Songinra Marek

Posted: Dec 10, 2010 6:06 AM   in response to: micksith in response to: micksith
You saw my other threads, my parents bought it for me. And when I rented it, I got no further than the first level,only because I had to play it at night, when I had the time. Now, please understand, I now have it and my opinion has slightly changed... even though I still think the story line is dumb.
micksith

Posted: Dec 8, 2010 10:44 AM   in response to: Songinra Marek in response to: Songinra Marek
You rented it for a day Songinra - Didn't fork out 40 - 60 , don't own the game & adding nothing but TROLLING in the Wrong thread.
(what do you get out of this)

Unleash Pain = the Developers did
Unleash Anger = the fans did
Unleash Fury = the fans still are
Unleash TRUTH = check any independent review - Truth is there.
Songinra Marek

Posted: Dec 8, 2010 7:24 AM   in response to: micksith in response to: micksith
Let's leave it at this: TFUII is pure BS... anyone disagree?
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums