You both rock anyway for helping me think differently to get to the solution. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result...that's where I was before I came to the forum. Thanks again.
OK, so here's the BEST answer to the PS3 platform question about the Jedi Ceremonial transfer from TFU 1 to TFU 2.
1. I saved all my old TFU 1 data to a Thumb Drive, then deleted all TFU 1 save games from my PS3.
2. Deleted all of my save games for TFU 2 (sucked, because I finished all levels, challenges to Gold and finished all levels on unleashed...sucked, but it was WORTH IT, read on.
3. LOGGED INTO PLAYSTATION NETWORK AND ACCEPTED THE UPGRADE FOR TROPHIES ON TFU 1. I THINK THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP!!!
4. Started TFU 1 from SCRATCH (and finished the game in about 4hrs...because I rock : )
5. Finished both endings, which I had never done before because I didn't realize you could jump down after Vader to take him to school instead of running straight ahead to face the Emperor.
6. After Hitting the Start button and the game switched over to the main menu where you can choose to continue or start a new game. I DIDN'T CREATE ANY NEW SAVE GAMES, I ONLY HAVE ONE TFU 1 SAVE GAME ON the PS3 UNIT. Quit the game at that menu and remove the TFU 1 disk.
7. Insert the TFU 2 disk (remember to delete all old TFU 2 data, because that is what seems to prompt the game to search for TFU 1 save game data). Go to the first level where you meet with Starkiller's S.O. and hit the pause menu that shows you the costumes from TFU 1...YESSS!!!!! BOTH COSTUMES FINALLY SHOWED UP!!!! 'nuf said...
I finished both endings on TFU 1 and had a save game from it last night. I reset all of my "other" TFU 1 game saves, erased my TFU2 save with all of my unleashed completions of all levels and all crystals/costumes/etc (since the TFU2 save game data can NOT be copied). Man, this is REALLY frustrating.
Thanks to both of you for your advice. I looked in all of the menus and there is no game setting for Light or Dark Side. I need to run through the last sequence again and be more careful to watch for a choice between endings.
Well you could in TFU 1 press the continue button and there in the in-game sort of menus where are the options and quit to the main menu button there should be a button that says level select.
then pick Death Star and play the death star level and when you choose your side jump to vader.
Cool! Thanks for the tip. I have looked around in the settings for my TFU 1 copy and I have not seen an obvious way to choose the dark side ending...or do I have to buy the ultimate sith edition disk to do that?
I have a TFU 1 save game in which I chose, and won, the Light side ending. My TFU 2 game doesn't seem to see it. In fact, I even ran through a second time yesterday to save yet another Light side ending. Still doesn't work. What gives?!?!?