Home » LucasArts Forums » Discussion » Discussion

Thread: SW: The Force Unleashed 2 Complaints

Permlink Replies: 119 - Pages: 6 [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] - Last Post: Nov 18, 2013 11:36 AM Last Post By: DeathSAMKILLER1...
residue2k5

Re: SW: The Force Unleashed 2 Complaints
Posted: Nov 5, 2010 8:10 PM   in response to: patrickBigras in response to: patrickBigras
    Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this post Reply
@patrickBigras

I dont think there will be a TFU3. I am betting this whole thing being like this is they are doing a quick bail out. But if there was plans on a third game then I dont want them even contemplating the third game until they fix the current one. Get that DLC out that finishes the story. That is all they should be worrying about. Nothing else right now.

I never blame people for their mistakes. But I expect them to correct them. Lucasarts just made another big mistake. Now its time for them to Man Up and correct that mistake.

Res
adamclark83

Posted: Nov 5, 2010 7:46 PM   in response to: patrickBigras in response to: patrickBigras
The only complaints I have are it's too short and not enough Juno.
patrickBigras

Posted: Nov 5, 2010 5:14 PM   in response to: Azrael 725 in response to: Azrael 725
i said in my other complaint that i think we should have DLC... now personally i think other wise... why well because i think that you guys shoulnt bribe us with DLC.... I was expecting a GOOD game. and well dint get it.. like i said before gamplays fun blah blah... but we dint get what we paid for thats is most entierly true. so what i think lucas arts should do is this exacly.. make it up to us not in DlC.. because DLC is comming out for the game eventually anywase, instead wen the third game comes out..ALL pontentiall buyers in wich bougt tfu 2 in a weeks time. could show proof of purchase with reicipt (of course) and the get a resonable discount on the third game. that would sattisfy many costumers and i think solve most of your problems as far as complaints. and you know what a bigger discount for the peaple whome pre ordered. if you say its a good idea dissapointed fans. i suggest you say so cause i think its good .
wewebb1985

Posted: Nov 5, 2010 5:57 AM   in response to: Azrael 725 in response to: Azrael 725
While I think TFU2 did some things well I still consider it somewhat disappointing. I guess the biggest let down was that I paid $70 (overnight shipping) for a game that feels like it could be worth at most $30 new.
Its hard to see where all the budget went when the game acts like the first one just with tighter graphics.
Look at games like Oblivion, Fallout, and Assassin's Creed. They give the players tons of stuff to find and do. TFU2 just feels so simplistic.
What I'd like to see:
-More involved saber combat. Perhaps with weak attack and strong attack button and more combos.
-My choice of single, dual, and double saber like in Jedi Academy.
-Separation of saber color and effect crystals (why did they mess that up anyway?)
-Do like Mass Effect 2. Following the main story keeps you in the action but allow the character go off and explore.
-Add an inventory system with merchants. Let me buy and find new light saber parts and crystals, and other goods, so then I can modify my saber how I want. It gives the player small gains which extend game life. See Oblivion and Fallout
-More areas on a variety of planets.
-More enemies or more variety of tactics for current enemies. Maybe there guns get stronger later in the game. Add a leveling system like Oblivion and Fallout where enemies get stronger as you do until later.
-Tighter camera angle for a more personal feel.
-Climbing within a level to get from one area to another to compliment the platforming.
-Multiplayer with bots for us singleplayer people. I'd rather have this than challenge mode. See Jedi Academy
-Allow us to build or customize our own arena style levels for singleplayer or multiplayer where we can place enemies and maybe temporary powerups.
-Character customization or at least more costumes to choose from.
I'm sure I could think up more with time.
I think much of the action in TFU2 is pretty great. It is repetitive though so the whole game needs more depth.
residue2k5

Posted: Nov 5, 2010 4:18 AM   in response to: Azrael 725 in response to: Azrael 725
My big question is has Lucasarts even acknowledged this. Have they said they are working on DLC to fix this? More DLC to finish the story? I have looked all over and all I see is complete silence from them. I know they probably wont say anything. Its SOP for a corporation because they dont want to open the floodgates for lawsuits and such. But at the sametime not knowing is worse. Even stating this is all we get, then at least we would know. Anyone out there read anything about this?

I am more disappointed in this game then any other I have ever played. And I am an ex-SWG player that was around during the NGE fiasco.

I have a theory as to why this happened though. Its only a theory though. I seem to remember (I am old so bare with me if I am wrong) reading an article that said TOR was going over budget. So maybe they decided to cut and run with TFU2 to make up for the over runs there.

Res
derbjoern

Posted: Nov 5, 2010 12:10 AM   in response to: euridite in response to: euridite
I also agree with you. This game is an unbounded cheek! 5 hours of playing in 3 different levels with almost no story.
I'm so annoyed, i just can't tell you.
I loved TFU I and was so full of expactations over 1 year. All the trailers......and now this dissapointment!

Look at the german Amazon page. They all say the same.
This game is nothing more than an Add-on.
euridite

Posted: Nov 4, 2010 12:16 PM   in response to: YourFutureEx in response to: YourFutureEx
I totally agree with YourFutureEx. I am a huge Star Wars fan. I have pretty much bought every Star Wars game there is to get. I could not believe my disappointment after I beat this game in 5 hours. I even stood up to the guys at GameStop when they told me not to buy this game. I feel like a jack *** now. I mean how could they destroy such a good story. I remember I was so pleased with the first game that I played it six times. I can even bring myself to turn this game back on. I spent the $80 expecting to learn more of the story about Starkiller and was just left in shock that I wasted 5 hours not playing Halo Reach. To make matters even more frustrating, there were several videos left unlocked after the game ended, which leaves me to believe that they are gonna release the remaining story in a DLC and charge me more money. How do they get around that being ok? Mr. Lucas I think you need to come down and spank those game developers in the *** for allowing such junk to be considered worthy as part of your story. I don't reccomend this game to anyone.
YourFutureEx

Posted: Nov 4, 2010 7:50 AM   in response to: Azrael 725 in response to: Azrael 725
Look, before I start, I want you to know that I am an avid fan of Lucasarts and Lucasfilm. I’ve been around since the days of Ballblazer and Maniac Mansion in the early 80’s. I firmly believe that Lucasarts is one of the best video game companies out there and hold them to the highest of standards. I am hoping by writing this, that I can end my venting on other threads.
With that said, I cannot understand Force Unleashed II. I bought the “collector’s edition” for about $80 expecting extra levels and content. The trailers for this game have been roving around the internet for almost a year now, hyping an awesome story and a myriad of familiar characters. I liked the website that had you as a clone inside the chamber and able to see flash forwards and info about the game, and anticipation built until its release over a week ago.
What a disappointment. Not only was the game incomplete after an embarrassing 4 hours of content, but there is no replayability whatsoever. There is no multiplayer, the challenges are totally moronic, and the extra $25 I spent for some Mimobot USB junk lacked the content promised so often over the year. Where is the multiplayer? I realize that FU didn’t have it, but games like the Jedi Knight series had awesome online player versus player play that kept that game going long after its successors came out over 13 year ago! The challenges have nowhere near the playability that the FU had, and are pretty much unplayable due to controller lag inside the game. The mimobot content is now all over these forums with instructions on how to access them for free over the download. It’s truly pathetic.
And how about the bugs? I bought the PS3 version to play on my 56” 1080P screen with a complete surround system, and was pleased to see the game activate the “DTS” sound setting. But the game’s sound effects are jumbled and unmatching of the gameplay. The game doesn’t even activate my subwoofer in DTS mode. I was told by a developer in the forums that I should basically downgrade my audio to Dolby 5.1 to make it work. This is the only game I’ve ever had a problem with in this fashion. The graphics bug out when there’s too much stuff going on in one spot, locking up the system and causing me to have to restart the level. Not even really sure how you can have bugs on the PS3, it’s not a PC, but I guess when you can download patches to consoles now, they can ship whatever they want, buggy or unfinished as they please.
The storyline didn’t stand up to Star Wars lore, nor did it even incorporate the game into SW canon like the first game awesomely did. For a very short 5 hours I played this game and right when it got interesting, it ended, leaving me infuriated at the pomp of Lucasarts that they could just pass this off as a viable game release. Not only was fighting the same things on only three levels of play totally and utterly unacceptable, but the fact that some half good, half bad “Jedi” could just do some kind of flip flop between both side’s powers was moronic. The dude is either good or bad, he’s not both. And even if he was a clone AND able to be both good and bad and have the powers of both, then shouldn’t that story merit more than what we got in FU2? God of War 3 was an epic game on a humungous scale, as was Uncharted 2. And those came out a year ago. Why then, does a game from a well known company like Lucasarts, span a mere quarter of the time it took to beat those two titles that I paid an equally expensive price for?
The answer is poor leadership and poor development. This game should be a success for all of the time they supposedly spent on it, yet here it is, a big pile of junk. There is something wrong with every single aspect and section of this game. Something that the majority of us figured out in a short 5 hours of time, these morons couldn’t figure out in the year since it’s announced release. Why? Lack of quality assurance? Yes. Lack of good game testers? Yes. Anyone that is a fan of gaming and the Star Wars universe could’ve told Lucasarts that this game wasn’t up to snuff, yet it looks as though the “yes men” won the day and here were are, the consumer, with video game DVD that will become the red headed step child of the Star Wars fanfare.
I sent my copy back. I don’t care if I only get a portion of what I paid back to cover restocking fees. The fact that Lucasarts won’t get my money is satisfaction enough. I would be embarrassed to have my name on the rolling credits of this game. I look back on the interviews that G4 gave the Lucasarts team and the videos of the developers saying how Yoda and Boba Fett would play a huge roll in your adventure, only to be lied to, over and over again. Have fun waiting for Force Unleashed III that will probably never come out due to more cruddy leadership. Nor would it come out in time to save this game’s face value anyway. You are broken Lucasarts, you must see it.
Good job.

P.S. What is great about this "review" I wrote the other day, is that my thread got locked by some moron named Char Ell. So just because he thinks this is a "complaint" he abuses his privilage to be able to lock threads out. Just FYI, it's a review of the game and even Lucasarts. Complaint reported.

Edited by: YourFutureEx on Nov 4, 2010 8:51 AM

MODERATOR RESPONSE: It just so happens that I, Char Ell, am the person that reviews abuse reports so I hope you understand if I find no reason to discipline myself for this action. :D To put it succinctly, I had noticed there were a lot of complaint threads and decided that they should be consolidated into one thread. You started your review/complaint thread after I had done this so I simply locked your thread and pointed you to this one. In my opinion your review constitutes a complaint as it is generally negative in tone. If you really feel the need to escalate this over my head you'll need to write to the address found on the LucasArts contact page.

Edited by: Char Ell on Nov 5, 2010 6:28 AM
residue2k5

Posted: Nov 3, 2010 9:03 PM   in response to: Azrael 725 in response to: Azrael 725
I finally picked up my preorder today for the TFUII collector's edition. Was so excited as I loved the first one. I get it home at 12 noon my time and 4PM I was finished... Now I feel like I wasted $80. I should have just waited for it to show up used at gamestop for $20. Anyone know if you can return the game directly to Lucasarts? I have already called a half dozen of my friends and told them dont bother getting this game.

The game was repetitive as all get out. The same finishing and combo moves over and over. The same mini bosses thrown in like mad. And the whole thing with yoda was such a let down I cant even find the words.

There better be some free DLC continuing the story coming and soon. I am figuring (and hoping silently) they just decided not to push it back so released it with what they had with the intention to release the rest of it later.

But I swear if they release a third game for $60 or DLC continuations that cost I am done with Lucasarts and Star Wars for good. And this is a 33 year fan talking here. My father took me to the first one when I was 7 years old and I was hooked. But the past 5 to 10 years it seems they really dont care about their fans or the Star Wars universe.

Res
funkid79

Posted: Nov 3, 2010 6:55 PM   in response to: Azrael 725 in response to: Azrael 725
I finished the game on release date and decided to take a few days to think about what I wanted to say.

I was disappointed w/ how incredibly short the game was. I beat the game in normal in under 13 hours where as the original took me at least 20.

My biggest ?:| moment came in Dagobah. That level was a complete and total time sink w/ no substance at all. I walked around collecting holocrons, went in a cave end of level? If the point of the level was to establish some sort of story plot while giving Yoda a cameo it could have EASILY been accomplished w/ a cut scene. Getting to that cave could have been tons of fun w/ animals to kill on the way and some sort of swamp maze you have to get through and lots of environmental hazards like quick sand or carnivorous plants. The cave itself could have had some sort of challenge before revealing it's secrets to you. Instead your character just happens to land next to Yoda's hut, which happens to be a short stroll to the cave. Funny enough even w/ this time sink, the game was still too short.

I'm hoping that the plan isn't to make us pay for DLC in order to make up for lack of content. I learned my lesson where DLC is concerned w/ TFU 1. I was foolish enough to buy all the DLC and then, USE was released... To make matter worse, not only did that version of the game INCLUDE all the extra DLC I had wasted my money on BUT, it included levels that at the time were only available through that version and it was all cheaper than what I had paid for my version, making me feel like an even bigger moron for having bought the game on day 1 instead of waiting a year. I seriously hope history doesn't repeat itself w/ TFU 2 as far as that is concerned.

Edited by: funkid79 on Nov 3, 2010 7:58 PM
patrickBigras

Posted: Nov 3, 2010 4:59 PM   in response to: Azrael 725 in response to: Azrael 725
Yes so regarding The game, i was very exited to play it because the preiviews made me run a story throught my head of many possibility's were this game could go. but when it came out i was really disapointed. I felt like lucas arts "ripped me off a game". I thought that it was too short, and that the game carried out alot of pontetial but dint reach acceptations thats i was led to beleive with the preiviews. Like even if lucas arts ran out of time of something i dont know what happend, i would of ratherd it if you guys would of pushed the date. You need more time lucas arts take it. Dont insult your fans like soo. Dont get me wrong i liked playing the game. I fell like You guys should of gave me more of what i paid for.You guys could of put in a duel mode i like that idea. whoever said it f. and a better online mode. But the third game, make sure You take the fans advice and even just for poops and giggles throw in a little more for our trouble. But you know what stuff like this happens Lucas Arts and you guys could only learn from it. Thank you.
pln01

Posted: Nov 3, 2010 1:12 PM   in response to: Azrael 725 in response to: Azrael 725
  • long/boring boss battles
  • only one sith/jedi boss battle
  • weak combo combinations (lightning strike ends combo, hard to perform 2nd type of combo due to too many lightsaber swings)
  • only one grab animation
  • lightsaber colors should be separated from add. effects (like in 1st game)
  • old force powers animations and sound were a lot better (especially repulse and charged push) but i did like idea with diffrent force color at the highest rank (but it also should be up to player to change it)
  • lack of freedom in air (can't do repulse after air combo and vice versa)
  • plot and game length
  • lack of animations that were essencial in 1st game (air recover, different hand while pushing{depends on side where target is} backflip and b-f twist{while targeting})
  • strange glass animation (euphoria was better in 1st game)
  • I miss neutral droids that were walking around
  • last scene if I don't press q rapidly nothing bad happens - just sit and watch
I could write about 30 more "dots" but who would read it. To sum up, creators of 3rd game should do a big step backward and answer question: why force unleashed was so awesome? . In my opinion it was freedom of environment( I could literally turn a wall inside a ship into parts and throw them at troopers). Although second game wasn't taht bad. I mean it has some bugs but despite of that we can see interesting locations, great graphics and wonderful acting (bow to Sam Witwer). I can wait a year longer (or two) just to be sure that 3 TFU will be a masterpiece. Sry 4 grammar and repeating some aspects from other posts

Edited by: pln01 on Nov 3, 2010 2:18 PM
JoskeSith

Posted: Nov 3, 2010 12:20 PM   in response to: Azrael 725 in response to: Azrael 725
Short as hell, not worthy of what i paid. Costumes are a drag. Better release some good DLC ASAP.

Other than that, its fun to play. Though fps can suffer drastically at times. I play on PS3.

Id like to see more Sith Robes with hood and capes.

Edited by: JoskeSith on Nov 3, 2010 1:20 PM

General Master ...

Posted: Nov 3, 2010 12:13 PM   in response to: Azrael 725 in response to: Azrael 725
  • Force powers were weak, though we were promised to get super awesome improved force powers. With force fury they were... kinda stronger, but force fury only lasts for about 30 seconds.
  • Much too short.
  • Boring, repetive gameplay ( especially against Vader )
  • Only a few enemy kinds.
  • That lightsaber crap, the long combos looked awesome but they didn't really work out, as the enemies just blocked or countered them.
  • Lightsaber effects and colors at once, sucked hard.
  • Too weak saber effects.
  • 2 planets, dagobah doesn't count.

Only good thing is the graphics.

switch 104

Re: Complaints
Posted: Nov 3, 2010 11:55 AM   in response to: palpi104 in response to: palpi104
palpi104 wrote:
TFU 2 is a perfect example of badly written essay.
Even though it has a fantastic intro and a great ending, there is one sentence of Body.

And thats what this game was. There was nothing to follow a fantastic exposition on Kamino.
Not only does Star Killer know who he is right away, he knows where to go, who to talk to....whats the point of the game? Wheres the emo search for himself part presented in the Gorog trailer?

What happenned to being confused? Wheres the story? The game happens all in ONE DAY! Hes born, he escapes, he finds Kota, he comes back, he wins. $60? for *THAT*?! That is nothing short from a slap to the face of fans like myself.

Sure the gameplay is amazing, but where the hell is the story? Where is the climax? Where is the turning point of this game? There is nothing between the escape and the return.

LucasArts i know you dont give a crap, but you seriously have to add on more levels.
TFU2 was utterly terrible. Everything in this game just HAPPENS. No event in this game was caused by something and there were no significant consequences of the heros actions, besides death of vader.

Guyes if this is your "Empire Strikes Back" I am NOT spending another $60 for your "Return of the Jedi". Very dissapointed

QFT. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Zak the one

Posted: Nov 3, 2010 10:48 AM   in response to: -Twingo- in response to: -Twingo-
The game runs like crap on the pc.

That is all.
palpi104

Posted: Nov 2, 2010 11:59 AM   in response to: Azrael 725 in response to: Azrael 725
TFU 2 is a perfect example of badly written essay.
Even though it has a fantastic intro and a great ending, there is one sentence of Body.

And thats what this game was. There was nothing to follow a fantastic exposition on Kamino.
Not only does Star Killer know who he is right away, he knows where to go, who to talk to....whats the point of the game? Wheres the emo search for himself part presented in the Gorog trailer?

What happenned to being confused? Wheres the story? The game happens all in ONE DAY! Hes born, he escapes, he finds Kota, he comes back, he wins. $60? for *THAT*?! That is nothing short from a slap to the face of fans like myself.

Sure the gameplay is amazing, but where the hell is the story? Where is the climax? Where is the turning point of this game? There is nothing between the escape and the return.

LucasArts i know you dont give a crap, but you seriously have to add on more levels.
TFU2 was utterly terrible. Everything in this game just HAPPENS. No event in this game was caused by something and there were no significant consequences of the heros actions, besides death of vader.

Guyes if this is your "Empire Strikes Back" I am NOT spending another $60 for your "Return of the Jedi". Very dissapointed

dvv

Posted: Nov 2, 2010 7:28 AM   in response to: Azrael 725 in response to: Azrael 725
I was very dissapointed with this game. Although fun to play, the length was unacceptable. This game should have been priced similar to DLC, not 59.99. I have purchased DLC for other games at $15 that had more content and were much longer. This game was so short that i didnt even have the ability to max out my force powers. The story line was great but should have been longer. When are developers going to learn that 5 hours of game play does not justify charging full retail price. Unfortunately my love for star wars lured me into to buying this game, but unless things change with the next release, this will be my last purchase of this franchise.
Azrael 725

SW: The Force Unleashed 2 Complaints
Posted: Nov 1, 2010 1:39 PM
MODERATOR NOTE: If you didn't like Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II and want to give the reasons why then please post your complaint here. Please keep posts civil with an eye towards constructive criticism. Threats against LucasArts, LucasArts employees, and/or LucasArts affiliates will not be tolerated and will most likely result in immediate suspension of the offending poster's account.

ORIGINAL POSTER'S MESSAGE IN ITS ENTIRETY IS BELOW THIS LINE

Ok so i just needed to speak my mind and talk about some problems that i have with the game in general

Story: The story couldve been so epic and for the most part it was, but there were so many holes or parts that were left out that couldve been so much better:

Salvation...it wouldve been better to have them search for the ship floating in space after SK's vision instead of actually it being attacked right before the invasion. It wouldve given it a more "haunted house" feel that they were going for in the first place and then after Boba Fettt captures Juno then SK would chase after him to another planet for another level where we would eventually fight Fett.

Dagobah...why is it just a video? I wanted an actual level not just to walk to a cave entrance and then the rest of it be a cinematic. It was utterly pointless.

Darth Vader...How come in the first game SK beats the living **** out of Darth Vader but in this one all he does is cut off his hand? If this was more epic then you think we wouldve literally destroyed Darth Vader and then captured him. Especially when we're in Force Fury mode!

If i have more things about the story then ill post more but thats what i got. Overall it shouldve been longer to give it a more epic feel.

Other gripes:

Lightsaber...I do not like the lightsaber design of SK's lightsabers in this game. They feel too clean and dont fit in with the Star Wars universe. They look too different and dont match with the overall design of the universe which is dirty and gritty at this time. Aslo take note that in the opening cinematic that Vader hands SK him two lightsabers that are identical to his original one but then for the rest of the game he has his new ones. It feels like theres something missing and theres no continuity.

Cameos...We were promised more cameos than what we got and the cameos we did were pointless.

Neomoidians (or whatever)...If the neomoidians were the ones that created the droid army then i think it wouldve been cool to fight some still active battle droids on Cato Neomoidia. To add some throwback to the films.

Costumes...there are many pointless costumes and i would like more hooded costumes. like the dark apprentice...that shouldve been hooded. i want more SK costumes that are just for him and less skins. some are cool like Boba and others but i want more SK specific robes and armors.

Lightsaber crystals...The first game did it right. one crystal for the color and one for the booster crystal. This game combines the two and i do not like it. What if i want a blue lightsaber but i want health regeneration? i want the choice back.

Overall there are many things i could gripe about but i actually did enjoy the game. I think the game is fun but the story was a biggy for me. i am a writer and i care very much about the story and it was just missing or was just full of holes. but the game is very fun and i will paly it over and over again cuz im a big star wars fan and i have played many star wars games and this is close to my favorite series. Please make TFU 3 and please make some cool DLC. Maybe to fill in the holes like what Assassins Creed 2 did.

Edited by: Char Ell on Nov 2, 2010 8:18 PM
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums